The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: iceconditions  (Read 2854 times)

Offline moose62

• IceShanty Rookie
iceconditions
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 07:34 AM »
hows the ice in the georgetown area

Offline JigEm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Charter Boat Captain
Re: iceconditions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 07:38 AM »
Ice??? Whats Ice???
Full Strike Anglers
USCG 50 Ton Master

Offline GlovelessPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Chadwicks Pond was open as of yesterday - damn wind
How can you be icefishing if you're sitting at your computer???

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike17.0 Steely9.8 Bass6.9 Brood8.0 Crappie17.5
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:21 AM »
First off welcome to IceShanty....read the 13 other threads within the last 2 days on the existance of even an ice cube floating somewhere in Mass....I'm sure that there's information your looking for or just send a pm to one of the 9 people everyday that make a new post on an additional inch of ice they've discovered. If you value your life like I do weather someone says there's this much ice or not I am the be all end all if I decide to walk that particular ice ! good luck with your pursuit of accurate info and adventure to iceland....tight lines  :tipup:

Offline JFeen82

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:42 AM »
First off welcome to IceShanty....read the 13 other threads within the last 2 days on the existance of even an ice cube floating somewhere in Mass....I'm sure that there's information your looking for or just send a pm to one of the 9 people everyday that make a new post on an additional inch of ice they've discovered. If you value your life like I do weather someone says there's this much ice or not I am the be all end all if I decide to walk that particular ice ! good luck with your pursuit of accurate info and adventure to iceland....tight lines  :tipup:

Couldnt have said it better... Why cant people just keep a topic going on ice conditions instead of posting a new one everyday. Uno maybe you should post a topic on the top of the page abt ice conditions around MA.

Offline justlooking9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:50 AM »
Couldnt have said it better... Why cant people just keep a topic going on ice conditions instead of posting a new one everyday. Uno maybe you should post a topic on the top of the page abt ice conditions around MA.

Agreed, but there is an entire forum for reports and conditions called, "Massachusetts Fishing Reports And Conditions", which consists of Western, ma, Northeastern,ma, Central mass, Southeastern ma, and the Bershires. Seems like a logic place to keep a running post about conditions.

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:00 PM »
1.5in @ hopedale pond this am....gay
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:04 PM »
I gotta ask. Who cares if there's a million threads on ice conditions? Does it hurt anything? Not as far as I can tell. Man, I hope the ice gets here soon. There are some folks here starting to whine like my 5 year old.

Welcome to the mayhem Moose!

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:08 PM »
FNE is right.i think the problem is everybody is on the computer and not on the ice.
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline Eric_K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:32 PM »
First off, Welcome to the Iceshanty. I used my new auger at a local pond in Haverhill and I walked on ice four feet from the shore. Drilled that hole and there was a good 4 inches. From that point I hope next week it will all be locked up. But with all the warm days ahead I am so of sceptical about it. Please let there be ice so I can play with all the new toys!

Offline The Dad Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2012, 01:45 PM »
I looked at the ponds 2 days ago and there wasn't even a skim going yet......
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience

Offline MUNICH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Soldier
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2012, 02:16 PM »
It just gets annoying sifting through nonsense. On top of that, people making a report every time they catch a perch.  ;D Everyone is just flustered about the lack of ice as already stated. Theres people here always willing to help, but some of ya just ask for the whole nine yards. Next thing ya know people will want you to drill holes for them too. Take what CC says as a type of guideline for new guys.  :tipup:
J. Cotier

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2012, 02:41 PM »
It just gets annoying sifting through nonsense. On top of that, people making a report every time they catch a perch.  ;D Everyone is just flustered about the lack of ice as already stated. Theres people here always willing to help, but some of ya just ask for the whole nine yards. Next thing ya know people will want you to drill holes for them too. Take what CC says as a type of guideline for new guys.  :tipup:

No ones forcing you to sift through anything brother.  Would you like some cheese with your......lmao

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:00 PM »
MOST of these "topics" are self explanatory? When I see........."what are the conditions at comet" every other day........ I'm able to do the math and see this doesn't interest me and I move on. NO ONE is forcing people to read every thread....... if it,s not for you....move along.! :tipup:

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:06 PM »
MOST of these "topics" are self explanatory? When I see........."what are the conditions at comet" every other day........ I'm able to do the math and see this doesn't interest me and I move on. NO ONE is forcing people to read every thread....... if it,s not for you....move along.! :tipup:

Exactly right....it's a forum.  Read or don't read but pissin and moanin over what is posted is even more annoying..... :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Tuna Meltdown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:09 PM »
FNE is right.i think the problem is everybody is on the computer and not on the ice.

I'm still catching plenty of fish in open water.  I could care less if there is any ice at all.

Offline gof1sh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:10 PM »
The conditions link rarely has any new info
Doesn't seem to get viewed or posted in that often. Don't take my word for it look at it. On this forum you have a much better and faster updates. Plus its a good way to find someone to pm. Just my nickle. Also for us new to the sport,  we read alot of these posts to narrow down our drives and search area.
One of these days I swear ill catch something worthy of a profile picture.

Offline bigpick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:11 PM »
Well said and welcome  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline MUNICH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Soldier
« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:14 PM »
No ones forcing you to sift through anything brother.  Would you like some cheese with your......lmao

Trying to help resolve the situation not stir stuff up brother.
J. Cotier

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:46 PM »
one word for everyone while they wait for ice and are getting Grumpy.. >:(

BUCA!!

burp
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:52 PM »
If you are a true die hard and are willing to travel !? There is plenty of safe ice ! We fished Tuesday on 4.5 " of clear ice . 100 miles from home ! Find a mountain top small pond in the Birkshires ! And get off your computer and do like me ,have it on your phone :) read the thread from the Ice !!! :tipup:

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #21 on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:13 PM »
Besides,  it gives millburyman his 11th chance to tell use he fished on a mountain top Tuesday.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:20 PM »
He doesn't know the name of the place that is why he says on top of a mountain... NORTH POND!!! Now find it and figure out how to fish it. That is all the info I am giving on this...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Besides,  it gives millburyman his 11th chance to tell use he fished on a mountain top Tuesday.
LOL...love  it!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Trying to help resolve the situation not stir stuff up brother.

I hear you, I was at work and passing some ball busting along!

Offline MUNICH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Soldier
« Reply #25 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:21 PM »
I hear you, I was at work and passing some ball busting along!

:tipup:
J. Cotier

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:51 PM »

I wasn't counting...

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:10 PM »
hahahahahahahahaha awesome

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:12 PM »
ON TOP OF OLD SMOKEY ALL COVERED WITH SNOW, THERE WAS A POND X ALL COVERED WITH ICE!!! @)
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:19 PM »
ON TOP OF OLD SMOKEY ALL COVERED WITH SNOW, THERE WAS A POND X ALL COVERED WITH ICE!!! @)
;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.