Author Topic: Boots  (Read 6047 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Boots
« Reply #60 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:19 AM »
Baffin apex , too warm on a lot of days then I wear rocky blizzard pros. On real cold nites in ct or when I go north the apex the way to go. Only things that have kept feet warm since I had mild frostbite as a teen. :tipup:

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:26 AM »
I thought I wanted a pair of Arctic Mucks after all the reviews, but they would not go on my feet without going up a couple sizes.

I have a pair of Lacrosse 1200 Burly that I wear when the slush is extremely deep, they are great, just don't like wearing a tall boot all day.

I also have a pair of Lacrosse Arctic Kings that are awesome. If I was being picky, the only down side is the weight of the boot.

I also have a pair of those LLBean Snow Sneakers that are the most comfortable things I have ever worn for hiking and snowshoeing. I never thought about using them for ice fishing, but I am going to throw my Neos on them and give them a try. I like to move a lot, and those things are like walking on air.

Offline FishnChef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Love my muck arctic sports. A little tip which works for any boot really...put cornstarch or foot powder in them before heading out for the day and the natural moisture build upis absorbed by it eliminating the clammy foot feeling and I feel it helps keep your feet much warmer

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 09, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Thanks for the tip. My feet sweat terrible in them and I find myself taking them off once I get set up to get my feet warm back up. Other than that they're waterproof to the top when they do a good job. Mine are 8 years old

Offline SPN1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 09, 2017, 12:02 PM »
I wear the cut off boots from neoprene waders that got too bad to fix........i have been called cheap before but i disagree!!

Offline HardWaterHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 09, 2017, 12:32 PM »
Baffin apex , too warm on a lot of days then I wear rocky blizzard pros. On real cold nites in ct or when I go north the apex the way to go. Only things that have kept feet warm since I had mild frostbite as a teen. :tipup:
x2 on the baffin :tipup:
Fish all you can.

Offline awolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 09, 2017, 12:33 PM »
I wear the cut off boots from neoprene waders that got too bad to fix........i have been called cheap before but i disagree!!

hahaha, that's great!

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2017, 12:40 PM »
Baffin Hunters! Bout 20 years old and STILL keeping my feet warm and dry.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline meek48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 09, 2017, 02:27 PM »
Neo Ice Stabilizer's !!!!! They are an over boot with built in ice cleats . they are awesome

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 09, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Muck arctic pro if it's wet on the ice otherwise Sorel glazier

Offline TyroneJenkins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 09, 2017, 03:26 PM »
I where whatever boots I can get my feet into - i like um warm - gots a set of county pride boots from a brother in law which work nice.

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 09, 2017, 03:42 PM »
My Muck arctic sports fell apart, the whole sole came off one boot, the other is working on doing the same.

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 09, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Lacrosse Aerohead. Warm, dry, comfortable.

Yeah I agree I used to use mucks Lacrosse blow them out of the water in my opinion!

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:19 PM »

I wear mine as hip boots after the crotch wore out.

Offline firstcast 2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 10, 2017, 03:41 AM »
Baffin with katoola

Offline Watertooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 10, 2017, 09:12 PM »
Baffin Titan's paired with Arctic Spurs (the ones with the 4 triangular points and rubber tubing to strap to the boot). Warm, cushy comfort with the boots along with solid footing on glare ice. Great combo that is warm and safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.