IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Fishing apps?

(1/4) > >>

JacobMatthews:
Hi guys!

I’ve been following a few fishing forums and there is not much written about apps to use for ice fishing, so I am curious what others are using.

What are your thoughts on fishing apps, and which apps do you use for fishing?

burgerunh:
I use Navionics for lake bathymetric maps.

I also use an app called Fishing Pro for solunar table information and prime fishing times.

I use these for both open water and ice fishing.

pmaloney86:

--- Quote from: burgerunh on Mar 07, 2024, 08:17 AM ---I use Navionics for lake bathymetric maps.

I also use an app called Fishing Pro for solunar table information and prime fishing times.

I use these for both open water and ice fishing.

--- End quote ---

Still using Navionics now that they jacked up the fee to $50!?  I stopped using it this year but have yet to find a sufficient replacement.

burgerunh:

--- Quote from: pmaloney86 on Mar 12, 2024, 10:26 AM ---Still using Navionics now that they jacked up the fee to $50!?  I stopped using it this year but have yet to find a sufficient replacement.

--- End quote ---

What are the other options for a phone app for bathymetric mapping?

RuralMT:
I've seen a few threads along the lines of this topic but noticed no one has mentioned that OnX plans to debut their fishing app in 2024. It sounds like they'll provide the basics (boat ramps, species and lake regulations, etc) but will also provide bathymetric maps as well. Anyone plan to use this? I use the hunt app religiously and this seems like a great idea...interested to see how accurate their maps are.

https://www.onxmaps.com/fish/blog/fishing-app

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version