Author Topic: Unsung hero  (Read 1861 times)

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
Unsung hero
« on: Mar 24, 2023, 03:18 PM »
Much discussion on here about gear, countless topics about augers, shelters, electronics, etc.

Over the past few years, one of my more important tools is my high powered percussion massager.

A long day of ice fishing can be taxing on the body as we get older. Trekking through deep snow hauling my gear, drilling and then fishing countless holes, which involves a good bit of squatting, bending and kneeling, often leaves me with some knotted up muscles by the time I get home.

Though I workout and stretch daily, the high powered gun I use works wonders on knots, providing instant & lasting pain relief, after a mere few minutes of use.

I use an older model Timtam, which is no longer in production. It's one of the most powerful models across the board, which is what I prefer. Though extremely noisy, it keeps me going all season long.

Just thought I'd share.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Unsung hero
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2023, 09:51 PM »
True dat Phil.  We have some other model but it works great on the bigger muscle groups that seem to lock up on the drive home  Also, I have a small tear in the rotator cuff.  Doc suggested taking Aleve when things flare up.  I take one before going out in the morning...really helps and has become my regimen since turning 60.  Soak in the hot tub is ok too. My season's been done for 3 weeks.  Want to start next year carrying a little less weight and a little bit stronger.  Pay to play!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2023, 09:35 AM »
Some items that I keep on hand Ibuprofen , Salonpas Pain Relieving Patches and a Massage Trigger Point Cane and some Equate back pain pills. I took a tumble this ice season landing on my back ass over tea kettle style ..my upper back and shoulder area received the blunt of it ..was quite a twinge and spasm while sleeping and stiff in the morning till I was able to stretch it out

The pain patches are small and stay on all day..better then all the others I have tried

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Salonpas-Pain-Relieving-Patch-8-Hour-Pain-Relief-60-Patches/47041345?athbdg=L1102

The cane was able to reach all the right spots after some heat/cold applications

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8412V5G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-All-Day-Back-Muscle-Pain-Relief-Naproxen-Sodium-Tablets-220mg-90-Count/438176765?athbdg=L1102

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2023, 07:08 PM »
I’m only 34 but the theragun with 3000mg cbd salve really takes the aches away.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2023, 07:23 PM »
I try to avoid pills as much as I can. Maybe some Ibuprofen on the rare occasion. I find that taking that in combination with cbd oil with some thc makes it way more effective. All legal and very regulated by the govt up here, so you know exactly what you're getting percentage wise. Probably a topic for another conversation.

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2023, 07:34 PM »
I try to avoid pills as much as I can. Maybe some Ibuprofen on the rare occasion. I find that taking that in combination with cbd oil with some thc makes it way more effective. All legal and very regulated by the govt up here, so you know exactly what you're getting percentage wise. Probably a topic for another conversation.

For sure, on topic though those massage guns have changed the game. I believe I payed less than 200$ for the theragun
Mini and it is worth it!

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2023, 06:59 AM »

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2023, 09:28 AM »

Same here, its the way to go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.