Author Topic: Big diamond pond  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
Big diamond pond
« on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Hello,

I'm thinking of heading up there on Saturday with my 11yo boy.  We normally camp and fly fishing little diamond every fathers day week but wanted to try the hard water on big diamond. Any insight or vague direction would be much appreciated.  Thank You!

P.S. we are walkers without electronics.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Big diamond pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2018, 09:29 AM »
Hopefully someone else will reply, I only ice fished it once, we didn't go far from the launch, basically straight out until we found about 40' of water and managed a few shorts for the day.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Anyone here that could shed some light on ice conditions either at BDP or Coos county area?

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:13 AM »
BDP is a beautiful lake don’t get me wrong, but u will be hard pressed to get anything of size out of there. I was there a month ago and we caught tons of Lakers. Biggest one was 14 inches. Lol we even caught some as small as 6 inches. There should be at least 26 to 30 inches of ice there by now

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:18 AM »
BDP is a beautiful lake don’t get me wrong, but u will be hard pressed to get anything of size out of there. I was there a month ago and we caught tons of Lakers. Biggest one was 14 inches. Lol we even caught some as small as 6 inches. There should be at least 26 to 30 inches of ice there by now

Thank you!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.