Author Topic: Caught so many, lost count.  (Read 1100 times)

Offline WhiteMTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Caught so many, lost count.
« on: Feb 28, 2018, 05:02 AM »
I hadn’t been able to ice fish for two weeks due to work but when I got out yesterday I was happy to see there was still 20” of ice.
They usually do a fall stocking of brook trout there just before ice in but not this year. I’d been out twice a week since ice in, caught lots of browns and rainbows but not a single brookie until yesterday, non stop brook trout action and good sized ones  also. Flags were flying and I could watch them hit my jig. There were Times I was hooked up with my jigging rod and had two flags at the same time. I’m guessing they stocked sometime during my two week absence.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
Re: Caught so many, lost count.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2018, 05:32 AM »
Mmmm brookies.
That's a great problem to have....catching so many you lose count. Love those days.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2018, 06:29 AM »
I saw a post in Facebook by fish and game with them stocking through the ice some place with excess 2 year old brookies
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2018, 06:57 AM »
A lot of fun for sure! Glad to hear you had a great time out.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2018, 10:25 AM »
I hadn’t been able to ice fish for two weeks due to work but when I got out yesterday I was happy to see there was still 20” of ice.
They usually do a fall stocking of brook trout there just before ice in but not this year. I’d been out twice a week since ice in, caught lots of browns and rainbows but not a single brookie until yesterday, non stop brook trout action and good sized ones  also. Flags were flying and I could watch them hit my jig. There were Times I was hooked up with my jigging rod and had two flags at the same time. I’m guessing they stocked sometime during my two week absence.

Pictures or it didn't happen! JK, well done.  :clap:
Tight Lines!

Offline flyfish_tfo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2018, 11:33 AM »
If it's the lake I think it is then it was stocked with surplus brookies last week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.