Author Topic: the new 2018/19 otter xth pro thermal lodge hub shelter.  (Read 5482 times)

gman51

anyone out there with reviews on the new and improved otter pro lodge hub. i've seen or read what there is on the ones made prior to the improved models. also not interested in any reviews on other brands. or any tug o war matches seems like that's what often happens. thanks.

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: the new 2018/19 otter xth pro thermal lodge hub shelter.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2018, 09:25 AM »
I just bought one and although I haven't been able to use it on the ice I have no doubt it will meet or exceed my expectations. Im a big Otter fan and believe you get what you pay for. I have a Otter Lodge flip over and its hands down in my opinion the best flip over I have used. That being said I set up the new Otter XTH Lodge hub in the yard and inspected everything because I had heard of all the previous problems. And all the velcro lined up perfect on every window and all the zippers seem to be working fine. To me it seems like another great product by Otter. I know there were lots of problems on the first year products but I felt very confident buying one despite that because I know Otter stands behind there products. Ive never heard of anyone getting a bad Otter product and Otter not making it right. I say pull the trigger and get one! you wont be disapointed, and if you are Otter will make it right.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2018, 09:34 AM »
I was going to pull the trigger on one this season ...some great design features ..nets/rod holders/LP port and the unique tie down system on the corners plus the size  ..price was preventing me from actually making the purchase...found a deal...but found a better deal on another make/model. Good luck with your purchase ...do a review if you can.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2018, 09:38 AM »
According to the rep at the St Paul ice show, they haven't made any changes to the pro model of hub shacks in the past several years. I picked one up on Friday. Set it up in my basement and I haven't seen anything standing out that I can complain about. Went up and came down easy with one person, might be different on the ice. If I get the wife's approval I'll be doing an overnight trip this weekend and will post my review of the shack after that!
Da Pack!

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2018, 01:35 PM »
According to the rep at the St Paul ice show, they haven't made any changes to the pro model of hub shacks in the past several years. I picked one up on Friday. Set it up in my basement and I haven't seen anything standing out that I can complain about. Went up and came down easy with one person, might be different on the ice. If I get the wife's approval I'll be doing an overnight trip this weekend and will post my review of the shack after that!

What kind of deal did you get on the lodge at the ice show? I thought about making the 6hr drive to the show since the Milwaukee show got cancelled this year. The Otter XTH lodge was the only big ticket item I was looking to buy though so I didn't make the trip. I ended up picking it up from Marine General for $269.99

gman51

« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:51 AM »
      i guess the pro models are new ones... like the one in the video above. the older ones were just called otter lodge xth with no propane hose flaps, wider skirting, or vertical window placements and did not have the ice lock system with the strapping.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2018, 05:00 PM »
What kind of deal did you get on the lodge at the ice show? I thought about making the 6hr drive to the show since the Milwaukee show got cancelled this year. The Otter XTH lodge was the only big ticket item I was looking to buy though so I didn't make the trip. I ended up picking it up from Marine General for $269.99

That's pretty much what I got. Their black Friday deal was $320 and he gave me 20% off that so it was like $260 plus tax and they through in an otter zip up hoody that I asked for lol. Not worth a 6 hour drive for basically the same deal but was worth it for me...
Da Pack!

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2018, 06:58 AM »
I have an XTH Pro Resort and the guy I fish with regularly has the Lodge.  They are great shacks, and I don't think there's a better hub on the market currently.  I posted a comparison to my regular XTH Resort that I had previously:

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=351758.msg3752049#msg3752049

If you have any questions about them, feel free to let me know.  I'm happy to try and answer the best I can!

gman51

« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2018, 07:28 AM »
seemed to have missed that excellent review... thanks Rstock

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.