New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Tuscarora  (Read 1253 times)

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
Tuscarora
« on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Went out on Tusc today. Water is really low. At least 5ft lower than what it was this summer. Some underwater structure is actually exposed. Ice is about 7". Didn't have a lot of time. Bopped around quite a bit looking for fish. Found a few perch. No eyes. Will be going back in the a.m. with tipups. Anyone else on here fish tusc?

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Re: Tuscarora
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:40 PM »
I have a few times. Not tomorrow!

Rain
Chance of rain:100%
Wind:S at 18 mph
High 46F.
Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.
Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Check out, Small Waters/Madison
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:44 PM »
I have been fishing it for 20 years, nice place to fish without having to walk a mile.  I like to fish the deep basins but fishing close to shore can be good for walleyes especially just before dark.

Offline skowalski250

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2014, 10:49 AM »
Went out on Tusc today. Water is really low. At least 5ft lower than what it was this summer. Some underwater structure is actually exposed. Ice is about 7". Didn't have a lot of time. Bopped around quite a bit looking for fish. Found a few perch. No eyes. Will be going back in the a.m. with tipups. Anyone else on here fish tusc?

I have been driving by there for a few weeks and see people fishing there a lot. I would love to get out and try it. I have not fished in 10 years. Let us know how the ice is after this rain. I may try it on sunday if the ice is still good.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2014, 01:20 PM »
Just came in off the lake. Fish were biting but the ice started to sketch me out. Rain was coming down hard. 2" of standing water on the ice...that gets heavy. Especially with the ice melting. Had to move my tipups a few times as the holes were melting around them. I've never seen that before. If I was one of those folks who don't check their bait often I wouldve lost a tipup or two to the depths. Caught some perch and some bass. Didn't stay long enough for eyes

Offline skowalski250

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2014, 05:35 PM »
Sounds like it won't be fishable tomorrow. Probably have to wait for some cold weather. That sucks, my have to work on the honey do list instead.  I would rather be fishing.

Offline lbjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2014, 11:13 AM »
solid 8' of ice got two eyez just after sun up lots of dink pan fish

Offline Shane young

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Me and the boys are going up to check it out on Sunday. First time ever ice fishing. I just hope we can get on.

Offline Crappie slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Is it good the whole lake ? How's the cracks or gas pockets

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2014, 06:52 PM »
I may check it out tmmrw. Oneida was solid today. Thick ice and the fish were biting. Hopefully tusc froze up too

Offline crappiefisher311

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2014, 11:32 PM »
i have fished it a few times never done real good out there cant find the elusive walleyes out there would like to though i usually catch alot of bass sometimes i get lucky and get enough perch for dinner stopped in for a few last sat and got a few small perch 315 i believe i may have been there when you were on account i only saw one other person on the lake do you by chance drive a white car ?

Offline jimd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:58 AM »
Do any of you guys know when the ice fishing tournament will be on Tuscarora ?

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Per Blue Canoe

Derby is Feb 8th with a rain date of Feb 22nd.
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:47 PM »
i have fished it a few times never done real good out there cant find the elusive walleyes out there would like to though i usually catch alot of bass sometimes i get lucky and get enough perch for dinner stopped in for a few last sat and got a few small perch 315 i believe i may have been there when you were on account i only saw one other person on the lake do you by chance drive a white car ?

Yep that's me. Lil white Saab. I fish tusc year round. Spring and fall theyre off the dam early mornings and night. Have yet to ice one though. Im gonna enter that tourney this year!

Offline skowalski250

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:58 PM »
Anybody going out on here tomorrow? Thinking of here or Eaton brook.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2014, 07:27 PM »
I can't decide between tusc or moraine for a quick morning trip

Offline skowalski250

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Has the fishing been good on tusc? I haven't fished it in a few years, but drive by it every day and always see people out there.

Offline Bowhunter21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:20 AM »
Eaton Brooke is decent there is about7" we were there  yesterday for a while but didn't catch anything I had really nice hit in morning then. Nothing so we left. There were 9 ppl out on Tuscarora , Lebanon has been really good for walleye according to the owner of rod n bobber

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.