New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Removeable Snowmobile Shanty Rack for under 8 dollars  (Read 896 times)

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
 A couple of weeks ago ,I made up this shanty rack for my snowmobile  in a little over a half hour,and under 8 bucks. Materials were just 2 large  5/16 thread u-bolts ($ 1.30 each) and two 2x3x8's ($ 1.99 each cut to length needed)a few wood screws,A few screw eyes for bungee  tie downs,and thats it.
I just drilled the foot rest and placed the u-bolts  on upside down, with the end of the 2x3 under the u-bolt strap. Add two 2x3 cross pieces, a couple of screw eyes, and that was it.
It won't work for all sleds, but it worked on this one . Cheap,lightweight, plenty strong,easily removeable,and simple to build.

My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Removeable Snowmobile Shanty Rack for under 8 dollars
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2014, 06:50 PM »
wow  great  idea  man

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:38 PM »
yep tried that got a ticket,$50 bucks. Cant see the tail light. Take it for what it is

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2014, 07:07 AM »
Thanks for the tip chris steel....I will add a tail light on the rear cross piece. I don't need any tickets.!
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline yarn em in

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2014, 07:13 AM »
Nice choo choo great idea. Headed up for the weekend, Mabey we'll see you there.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2014, 07:18 AM »
Thanks Brian...I'll be up there...Hope to run into you too.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2014, 07:20 AM »
now  the 8 dollars went  to 12 .... >:(  nexttttttt....lol  great  idea  coocoo

boy  you guys  in  iceshanty  get  alot  of  tickets  .....i  never had a  dec officer  or  sheriff give  me  a  ticket  over  something  like  that ..i have  had  themtake  the  time  to  explain  what  was  wrong  and  told  to  fix  it  before  i  go  next  time.....i remeber  a  few  years  ago i  was  hunting  with  my  AR  and  i had put a  plug  in the  mag   so it  only held 5  shells  i seen a  dec officer  walking  across the  field  to see  me  so  i  set the  gun  down and  steped back  as  he  got  to me  he thanked  me  we  talked  and  he  asked  if  it  was a  5  round mag   so i showed  him  what  i had done..he  smiled  and  said  no .......  you have  to have  it  so  the  plug is  perm  and not  removable ...  he  never  ticketed me  and explained  the  law  i  ordered  2   5  rounders the  next  day  and  never  had  the  problem  ..... i  think if  you are  friendly  and  respectful  you get the  same  back  ......  this  is  just  my  opinion

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2014, 07:29 AM »
Hey Trap...Good story. I think most of the police and DEC officers and sherriffs etc. would give me a break on something like a blocked taillight.But with my luck, i would run into the one guy that would not give a warning, and just write me a ticket. I have a few old lights and reflectors laying around, so i'll just put one on there. Hope all is well with you Trap...catch lot's of fish!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2014, 07:34 AM »
if  that sow packs  down up that way i'll  be headed up  thisweek  ...i always  got extra coffee  buddy

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2014, 07:42 AM »
if  that sow packs  down up that way i'll  be headed up  thisweek  ...i always  got extra coffee  buddy
You the man trapper....I'll be looking for you!! I can never get enough of that magic brown juice this time of year ! Plus i've got a million bluegill and white perch questions to ask you! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.