Author Topic: Titan tire chains  (Read 1488 times)

Offline 59Cummins

• IceShanty Rookie
Titan tire chains
« on: Jan 05, 2016, 09:30 PM »
Just curious if anyone has some first hand experience withe the Titan brand tire chains.  I know from working in a coke refinery and some different types of mines that Pewag is the top of the line but no more than I would use them $350 for a set is just to much.  Hopefully someone can make me feel better about a set that cost less than a third of the ones I know would hold up...
here's a link to the specific ones I'm looking at.
[url]http://www.etrailer.com/Tire-Chains/Ram/2500/2012/TC2228SCAM.html?vehicleid=20123000369/[url]
Doing it better than I did it yesterday.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Titan tire chains
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2016, 04:22 AM »
Just curious if anyone has some first hand experience withe the Titan brand tire chains.

Nothing wrong with Titan, My buddy has a set for the front and rear of his truck and it's a tank.

Do you use them occasionally or do you have them installed full time? He has his on all winter long and they seem to hold up fine with little wear. I think you did fine :thumbsup:

WS

Offline 59Cummins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2016, 01:36 PM »
Good to hear.  I'll just have my on now and again.   Ice fishing, elk hunting,  and like.   Had to skip if they were crap.  A broken chain can cause a ton of damage.   More than the difference it cost for the Pewags.
Doing it better than I did it yesterday.

Offline KevNH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2016, 12:56 PM »
Titans a good brand, ran them on a rancher for a few seasons with no issues.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.