Author Topic: Traction for boots  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Traction for boots
« on: Dec 28, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Has anyone done any modifications to their snowmobile so your boots don't slide around when you're riding? I see things you can buy that are pretty aggressive and would work, but I'm not going to spend $130.
http://snoweliminator.com/
Something like that, I've just had times where my feet slip off when I'm doing some more aggressive riding. Sheet metal screws.. will they hold?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Traction for boots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2009, 10:15 AM »
smallest self tapping screws you can get in the boots!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2009, 10:20 AM »
smallest self tapping screws you can get in the boots!
can you describe the head of the screw i used self tappin with a pan head will this work   thankx    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2009, 10:24 AM »
can you describe the head of the screw i used self tappin with a pan head will this work   thankx    mo
exactly!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2009, 10:26 AM »
exactly!
thankx, the ice man boots i have started loosing the built in creepers so theres 2 nice holes to screw into thankx for the info   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2009, 10:45 AM »
When I had my Formula Z (about 6 years ago) I bought some of those metal strips that sit on the rolled edge of the running board and riveted on. They had raised holes punched through them which really helped keep the boots on the boards, but weren't so sharp that you would rip your pants if you brushed up against them. Worked awesome for my big boots (size 13+) since they always sat on the rolled edge whenever I stood up. As far as I can remember, they were a Ski-doo part, came in a few different colors and sold for about $35 a pair.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.