Author Topic: Ice conditions Peterborough/Greenfield  (Read 681 times)

Offline SMCSullyMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice conditions Peterborough/Greenfield
« on: Feb 25, 2017, 11:35 AM »
I'm hoping to find some ice in the morning tomorrow. I'm not looking for any specific spots but is it even worth my time driving up from mass?

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
Re: Ice conditions Peterborough/Greenfield?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2017, 04:33 PM »
I was standing on 12 in of ice last weekend in that area. You should be fine for most lakes and ponds, watch the edges though, some are going fast

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2017, 05:01 PM »
Not in your area but I am in Southern NH we went from 14 inches week  to 5 to 7 inches.  You need to be really careful and not trust anything with out checking it.

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Not in your area but I am in Southern NH we went from 14 inches week  to 5 to 7 inches.  You need to be really careful and not trust anything with out checking it.
I definitely agree, lots of open water on the big lake today. Also southern NH has got the brunt of this warm weather

Offline bassboat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2017, 05:12 PM »
In preparation for a Sunday outing, we checked out a couple ponds in Francestown and New Boston yesterday, late afternoon. 3"-5" of relatively solid ice under 2-3" of mush and water. Decided to stay by the fire and tell lies.

Offline SMCSullyMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Thanks All.  I'm planning on staying on some small sheltered ponds, I think I'll make the drive.  I'll let you all know what I find.  I hope it gets nice and cold tonight!

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2017, 11:12 PM »
Small and sheltered should be fine. Apparently there is some cool weather coming in late this coming week so it should extend our season for a little longer!

Offline SMCSullyMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2017, 04:28 PM »
Everywhere I checked had 5-8" of black ice under varying amounts of white ice. Some had some bad slush others did not. All ponds were locked tight to shore as long as there was no inlets or outlets near by.

With the cold weather in the forecast, I think there will be safe fishing in the Monadnock area for many weeks. Again, always check as you go but there's plenty of ice.

Fishing today was tough sitting out in the wind but we were chasing flags all day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.