Author Topic: Lake Erie Guides  (Read 684 times)

Offline Hack58

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Erie Guides
« on: Nov 24, 2012, 11:25 AM »
I'm looking for a one or two day trip for two during the week to Erie that I can give as a Gift Certificate to my Son for Christmas and let him nail down dates that fit into his schedule.  Would anyone here care to share a favorite Guide Service with me?  We would like to go for some sort of a walleye / perch combination with the emphasis being on the perch.

So many on the Net it makes choosing one tough....

Thanks!
Hack.
Tight lines everyone!

Offline dmiller369

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Erie Guides
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2012, 01:00 AM »
i too am interested in this.

i talk to a friend who said that there is a guy who will take you out on a fan boat for 20.00. you use your own gear and everything. he just gets you to the spot. if interested i can try to get his number.

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2012, 05:10 AM »
I would call Capt Mike . I do know John hagman said he decided to retire from guiding.

I don't think you are gonna find anyone that will take you out for 20.00, probably more like 75.00-100.00 day
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline Weskimo1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2012, 06:03 AM »
Myself and 5 others fished with Sea Breeze Charters, out of Oak Harbor Ohio.  We did the lodging/fishing combo, kind of a beer drinking, fishing mancation.  Anyhow, our first guide absolutly stunk it up. He drank beer on the front of the boat and BSd on his phone most of the day....needless to say we were chapped and didn't give him a penny tip.  Furtunatly, the next day, we had Capt. Tom "Tomcat".  This block doesn't have enough room to say all the good things about how hard he worked to put us on fish.  Walleye, perch and smallies.  If you choose them, insist on Tom, he is the definition of an outstanding guide.

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2012, 06:20 AM »
That's Sea Breeze for ya.  The largest is certainly not the best I will promise you that.  I know, my boat is 12 slips down from that circus.  If you need help for a charter on Erie, PM me and I will let you know who to call.  I don't charter,  I just know the good ones over there.

Steuben1

Offline Weskimo1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2012, 06:35 AM »
Stueben, thank you for that.  We went into that trip blind. Would love to head back to that area, but with a better plan.

Offline Flypopper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2012, 07:46 AM »
I fish erie every year with a guide PM me for his number. walleye only and not cheap ($600 a day for up to 6 guys)

Offline Hack58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2012, 04:40 PM »
Thanks Guys, PM's sent to those who offered.  Seems like I should know this, but who is Capt Mike and where can I find his number?

Thanks again,
Hack.
Tight lines everyone!

Offline dmiller369

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:10 AM »
+ 1 for tom cat. he is my summer guide. absolutely the best.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.