Author Topic: Shimano Nasci  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Sparkle

• IceShanty Rookie
Shimano Nasci
« on: Apr 26, 2020, 11:15 PM »
Guys does anyone here own a Shimano Nasci? If so, do you get this hour glass like wrap when you spool on braid? I called Shimano on this problem . They say its normal because of the type of gearing it has. This makes no sense to me. Their lower line reels like the Sienna spools on braid perfectly.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Shimano Nasci
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2020, 08:39 AM »
I'd have to agree with you on that...because of "the gearing"? Still rotates shaft/spool and moves it in and out the same way... is the braid the same/proper diameter as what you would use in mono ????
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline drycold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2020, 08:11 PM »
use the shims that comes with the reel.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2020, 10:38 PM »
It's the gearing...used for spool oscillation.  Happens on all reels all across the board.   Not a single manufacture will escape that...

Well one can hide it on a short spool stroke.  You won't see it.

Shimano tends to over extend their spools on the full stroke of the oscillation to accommodate larger line diameter.  When you use smaller line diameter and the worse case scenario happens...you get an ugly line wrap on the spool..

Seen it on my Shakespeare, Pfleuger, Quantums, Abu's, Diawa's, Mitchell, and yeah, my Shimano's too.  Does it happen everytime, no.  When it happens, it happens...It's like that stupid pot hole that happens on the road....when it happens it happens...

When you get to the Shimano Stradic, it used a worm gear for the spool oscillation and it does a better job at a more even line lay...Ugly line lay on the spool may still happen.  If all the conditions for that to happen, will happen.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.