Author Topic: Gulp Alive!  (Read 2865 times)

Offline gsxrextreme22

• IceShanty Rookie
Gulp Alive!
« on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:00 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has used the new gulp alive yet? I was thinking about trying them out i have heard that the walleye slam them during summer time.

Offline rayman54

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Gulp Alive!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:02 PM »
I heard you can just dip rubber bait in cod liver oil and get the same results a lot cheaper. ;D
RAYMAN54,,,,,,,,,,, :icefish:

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2009, 06:37 AM »
In my experience with the worms and maggots. They work ok as a back up. I would still stick with the real thing for my first choice of bait. I do keep a jar of the spikes and red worms in my box though, just in case.
Now jigging for lakers, My buddy has had good results with the 4" minnows or a white tube dipped in the juice on a 1/4 oz jig head.

Offline bullheadlodge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2009, 03:19 PM »
I've used the Gulp waxies, hard to tell if they work any better than anything else in my opinion. Used them when nothing was biting on real waxies, and nothing bit the Gulp... Then on good days when the fish are hammering real waxies, they'll take the Gulp ones too. That's my experience with it so far. Not a miracle bait but not bad to have in the tackle box.

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2009, 03:26 PM »
I use them when the pan fish are on a feed,helps save on the live bait. i like the pink or white waxes.

Offline lexman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2009, 07:48 AM »
I have tried the waxies and maggots both , they are not near as good as the real thing.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2009, 08:19 AM »
Gulp waxies, maggots work better under a float open water. Plastics are a far better choice (Little Atom, etc.)
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2009, 07:33 PM »
i had asked the same thing and got some for back up other day on otisco i tried them and they worked great (i used the waxies) . i wouldn't go with just them but as back up there easy to carry a jar

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2009, 09:29 PM »
OMG.. buy them youl never go back i promise. Even when they were biting slow we caught lots.
SC

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Love jigging them for trout thru the ice. they also work good on tip ups for pike.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2009, 07:09 PM »
I have caught pike and burbot on the gulp alive minnows, not sure if they outfish the real thing, but sure do last a lot longer.

I have also had not bad luck for pike and perch on the regular gulp maggots. :tipup:

WW

Offline Trouty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2009, 09:42 PM »
I tried the maggots, they did work.  However, switching to live bait, my catch rate increased considerably.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.