The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Muck boots have a crack  (Read 593 times)

Offline The Rusty Crab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm not leaving until I catch a fish!!! R. Crabs
Muck boots have a crack
« on: Mar 15, 2012, 09:05 PM »
My new muck boots some how has a big slice taken right out by the pinky tow.  I plan on calling the company as they are only 30 days old.  Has anyone had any issues or dealt with the muck boot company.

Offline Fish Sticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Muck boots have a crack
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2012, 10:41 PM »
I have gone through a few pairs of the Artics since I wear them in the woods doing tree work at times.  They don't like sticks or sharp objects at all. ;D  I keep one good pair for fishing and an older pair for work.  They are still very warm and good in the snow even with a few holes and cracks.(Not so great in slush or water).  Have not contacted the company as this damage was my fault.  Have an older pair of Edgewater mucks with many holes in the neoprene and the treads are worn slick, but still find them useful.  I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I do really like the Mucks in general.

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2012, 05:42 AM »
they are guaranteed for one year from time of purchase.  I had the same thing happen and called them and sent them back.  no questions asked.  good customer service

Offline NorthernFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:49 AM »
I went up to East Grand 2 weeks ago with 2 new pairs of Mucks.  Not only did BOTH of them rip in 5 days, but so did a pair that my buddy had.  On a brighter side, we got them all at Beans and they gladly took them back and gave us new pairs.

Offline biggreenshack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:51 AM »
My uncle stepped on a small stick and went right through the sole....  They seem to do fine in snow but not in the woods.

Offline MEyota79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Huh i have had my woody max mucks for over 6 years which have been been through a lot and still holding up knock on wood ???

Offline Fish Sticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:03 AM »
Huh i have had my woody max mucks for over 6 years which have been been through a lot and still holding up knock on wood ???
Will look into these for next pair, sound good for hunting.

Offline Derik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:58 AM »
I usually wear rubber boots, but a friend of mine is all about them, he had the same problem with rips or tears in toe area of the boot.  It just seems like some pairs last longer than others for whatever reason.  He had a pair that went close to two years doing everything from fishing-to hunting in those things with no problems other than wearing out the heel on the inside, and his newest pair had a hole int he neoprene and in the toe after a couple months.  He just patched it with some silicone, but where they are new boots I'm sure they will work with you.

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:16 AM »
Did you rest the auger on your foot?

I have  :%$#!:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.