The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: half moon ice?  (Read 610 times)

Offline RS_ICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
half moon ice?
« on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Was wondering how the ice conditions were at half moon.  looking at fishing there this weekend the 17th. was curious how the ice was, and if there is any slush or how much slush there is.

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: half moon ice?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:33 PM »
Plenty of ice and there has been some slush in places.  Bring your snow machine, the fishing at the boat ramp is getting slow.
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:51 PM »
We fished it last Sunday, it was pretty good fishing, lots of 16-22" inch fish.  We took snowmobiles and fish past the main point, but they the road is now plowed to the lodge, so you don't have to have a machine.

The ice was about 10-12" inches thick, but there was still quite a bit of overflow and slush.  When in doubt, gun it!!

Offline RS_ICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:33 PM »
thanks guys appreciate the info, i guess that a little bit of slush is better than alot of bad ice.

Offline RS_ICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Fished Halfmoon through the ice for the very first time Saturday. We caught nine or ten little lakers and missed several others. Man those are some dark fish. Didn't mark many large fish, but i can't complain it was a beautiful day. I think we will be making a few more trips to halfmoon in the future. Did anyone else fish halfmoon this weekend?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.