The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Boysen's new fish stucture A ford ranger  (Read 1516 times)

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boysen's new fish stucture A ford ranger
« on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:31 PM »
RIVERTON – A drowning was reported overnight at Boysen Reservoir, north of Shoshoni. However, the report was unfounded. A truck with two men inside did plunge through the ice at Fremont Bay, but both men inside escaped the vehicle. The two men were 34-year-old Phillip Gonka and 41-year-old John Strickland.

According to the Fremont County sheriff’s report, Gonka was driving his Ford Ranger pickup onto the lake when it fell through the ice. The truck was completely submerged, said Sgt. Jerry Evagelatos. He said the men got separated as they made their escape. Gonka made it to the B&K Shoreline stop and called authorities. The call was logged at 6:32 p.m. Monday. Strickland was picked up by a Wyoming Highway Patrol trooper who was traveling on Highway 789, just south of the causeway. Evagelatos said the truck fell through the ice about 100 yards east of the Fremont Bay bathrooms.

Be careful out there!
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Boysen's new fish stucture A ford ranger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009, 11:12 PM »
them guys were reallllll lucky. glad they made it out. think I saw them driving around the last time I was at sandy hills a coule weeks ago.

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:13 AM »
I may have seen them sunday afternoon as well. Someone in a red vehicle was driving around near fremont. That blows my mind. I've only been to boysen a handful of times but one thing is for sure. There are some wicked pressure ridges there. Be safe.

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline dragaline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:54 AM »
Glad to hear no one was lost ....lucky guys...stick to the main trails if you must drive out and never cross the heaves with any vehicle...take it slow and be safe.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:19 PM »
In case anyone is interested in watching, the Ranger said they were going to pull it out Thursday morning...it's in about 10 feet of water off Fremont Bay.   :'(     Don                              LT/ISM :tipup:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2009, 02:51 PM »
I bumped into Ranger Toby Allen up at Boysen today and he told me they got the pickup out of Fremont Bay yesterday, but only with considerable difficulty as the ice all around it was still thin. Afterward Toby had red cones placed around the bad spot, so if ya go there........ Don      LT/ISM  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.