Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

Tip up Noise Maker

(1/7) > >>

papadarv:
Found an inexpensive ($1.00) to add a 90 db alarm to my tip-ups. They are "Instant Alarms" 4 pack sold by Menards at $3.99 per pack in store or on line. They run on 3 LR44/AG13 batteries. There is self stick foam tape to attach the alarm part to the tip up. I remove the tape from the Magnet part, drill a small hole at each end and attach some 8# spider wire to the magnet and flag. May not work well in really cold weather - below 0 but than, holes freeze up quite quickly in those cold temps.

http://vid358.photobucket.com/albums/oo27/darvbethke/Tip%20Up%20noise%20maker%2060emhb.mp4

Ice Scratcher:
Great idea Papadarv!

I've thought about using something very similar except on this system you can set the alarms to only make an alert at the base station in your shanty.. Can also be set to just chime once.. Although this is obviously more $$$, but still, even without the coupon it's only $30...

http://m.harborfreight.com/six-sensor-wireless-home-alarm-94799.html

I've been thinking seriously about it..

<°)))>{

RapShack:
The nice thing about alarms is they make noise when you've got a flag.  The bad thing about alarms is they make noise when you've got a flag.  And with how loud those are they will know you've got a flag in the next county.  I used to run electrics but switched over to empty buckets to cut down on the amount of attention they draw.  Plus the analog system never runs out of batteries or freezes up.  Those Harbor Freights have my interest though, gonna read through the owners manual and see if I must have them. 

Ice Scratcher:

--- Quote from: RapShack on Sep 08, 2016, 01:49 AM ---The nice thing about alarms is they make noise when you've got a flag.  The bad thing about alarms is they make noise when you've got a flag.  And with how loud those are they will know you've got a flag in the next county.  I used to run electrics but switched over to empty buckets to cut down on the amount of attention they draw.  Plus the analog system never runs out of batteries or freezes up.  Those Harbor Freights have my interest though, gonna read through the owners manual and see if I must have them.

--- End quote ---

Great points^

Combine that logic with the harbor freight system and an upside down bucket, and rigged a certain way, only you would know when you have a "flag" and also which bucket it is.. The base unit has a place to label each alarm.. You could take a sharpie marker and put a number or color on each bucket that corresponds to the labels on the base unit.. Could even wrap a rag around the base unit so the door bell tone is quieter..

I already have been using this system on my home.. Works great. Theoretically it can be set up so you know they came inside, but they don't know they've set anything off until they see the red dot on their chest... ;)

<°)))>{

RapShack:
It says the range is 328' to 500' which is just fine for me, I rarely have one more than maybe 40 or 50 yards away.  The 6 channels are nice too so if a buddy comes with you can set him up as well.  Looked up the batteries and they can be had cheap unlike the junk that came in my HT's. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version