New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ice???  (Read 7285 times)

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice???
« Reply #30 on: Nov 15, 2006, 10:30 PM »
20's for where???  ;D ;D
corinth ny, where the men are men and so are the ladies
"you can pick your nose and your friends can pick there nose, but you cant pick your friends nose"-john fickel     "equal opportunity for everyone special treatment for no one"-jesse james

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2006, 07:11 AM »
I think us new yorkers have at least a month before there is ice anywhere...with the exception of the adirondack folks who could see ice earlier. Its been too warm around here recently, we need at least a week in the 20's for lows before the water temp can drop enough to even start forming ice :tipup:

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2006, 07:15 AM »
With local water temps in the low 40s It would only take a week of night time temps in the mid 20s to get some ice .
I'm looking for  good ice to start about the week of Christmas provided the wind don't tear it up .

Offline Tom Leitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 16, 2006, 08:19 AM »
It looks like we will get those exact temps in the Adirondacks starting in a few days.  Keep your fingers crossed.

That shot of cold weather in late October got all our hopes up.

Offline pikie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 16, 2006, 10:40 AM »
I'm predicting I'll be on the ice on or around Dec 1st this year up here in Saranac Lake.  Keeping my fingers crossed, all depends on if the forcasts are right, and what the wind/snow do....

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #35 on: Nov 16, 2006, 10:57 AM »
I'm predicting I'll be on the ice on or around Dec 1st this year up here in Saranac Lake.
I'm getting some reports of low water temps up there,sounds like it won't take much to start making ice. :tipup:
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Nov 16, 2006, 02:00 PM »
corinth ny, where the men are men and so are the ladies
well now i bet theres sum real pretty ones up there to mmmhmm ;D ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline axle54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 16, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Sitting at 68 degrees right now for Saratoga County.. Mid November this is not good.  I know its gonna cool off but this might be a bad sign.
Lets hope for OLD MAN WINTER.. 

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 16, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Sitting at 68 degrees right now for Saratoga County.. Mid November this is not good.  I know its gonna cool off but this might be a bad sign.
Lets hope for OLD MAN WINTER.. 

We hit 62 here on the Canadian border today....doesn't look good from this angle, either......Esox

Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2006, 07:20 AM »
that cold front is expected to bring the  temps into the 20's at night and 30's during the day i heard its supposed t ostick around for awhile  ;D ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline IceReaver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Psalm 27
« Reply #40 on: Nov 22, 2006, 08:54 AM »
Silver Lake (Wyoming, NY) waters are very cold and primed for ice...I recently removed docks last Sunday (Nov. 19th).  With last nights clear, cold conditions the inlet and outlet [slow moving current] to Silver were frozen over with skim ice today (Nov. 22nd).  It won't last with the sun and current but it was NICE to see hardwater!! :tipup:

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Nov 22, 2006, 11:16 PM »
yes it is coming!!!!!

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Nov 23, 2006, 06:57 AM »
Back into the high 40's and low 50's for the next 10 days..no lows below freezing for at least 8 days......and more rain forecast as well.

Long term forecast shows possible snow showers a week from tomorrow.  At this rate it'll be the end of December before you dare venture out......Esox

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Nov 23, 2006, 08:24 AM »
in delaware county there is below freezing temps for the rest of the week!!!

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Nov 25, 2006, 08:58 AM »
ice on the pond and pool. To bad its going to be in the 50's this week, although the weather man said it might not get out of the 30's by the end of next week.

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Nov 25, 2006, 11:27 PM »
saw skim ice on the way to school and home from practice on places were the water doesn't change out, like alder swamps, last tuesday. have been away so not sure of the current situtation.
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2006, 12:00 AM »
IT was really cold last night alot of smaller bodies of water were skimmed over today :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Nov 26, 2006, 12:17 AM »
all the small ponds around c town skim almost every night now, but melt during the day. just gotta get those day time temps down now. i think a little frost in the ground wouldn't be bad either
"you can pick your nose and your friends can pick there nose, but you cant pick your friends nose"-john fickel     "equal opportunity for everyone special treatment for no one"-jesse james

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Nov 26, 2006, 03:27 PM »
good to here it!!!!!  ;D  ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Nov 26, 2006, 09:12 PM »
skim ice stuck all day today in some spots, one farly large beave flow w/ good sun exposure suprised me and only had open water by the dam. if that mild air moves out faster than they say it will and that good cold high thats over the midwest moves in then we could be in business very soon. ;D
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

camo_fish

« Reply #50 on: Nov 26, 2006, 09:18 PM »
It's on the way guys.

This is a little pond just north of Wells, NY in Hamilton county.

And Saturday, I saw a backwater pond/marsh that stayed frozen through out the day just south of Mason Lake.
The time is nearing.  ;D

Offline Tom Leitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Nov 27, 2006, 06:08 AM »
Big cold front coming in at the end of the week.  I hope to be on ice on a small Adirondack lake in 2 weeks.

camo_fish

« Reply #52 on: Nov 27, 2006, 07:39 AM »
Big cold front coming in at the end of the week.  I hope to be on ice on a small Adirondack lake in 2 weeks.
Amen on that!  :bow: :thumbsup:

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Nov 27, 2006, 07:52 AM »
Water temps at good ol Lake TangleFoot are looking good! Almost time :D

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Nov 27, 2006, 08:17 AM »
still pretty mild down here but the man on tv says that the cold is here on saturday here it goes from 58 to like 30 during the day  ;D ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Sub Zero

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #55 on: Nov 27, 2006, 10:13 AM »
Sounds like you guys are in better shape than us down here in Jersey. 60's All week!
People think we're crazy but we know better!

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Nov 27, 2006, 06:00 PM »
i went and checked the pond that had the thickest ice i fished last year at ten of five this evening. there was ice that had been there for several days in the weeds by the outlet. not a lot but some. and on the way home i saw that the north creek mill pond has almost not open water left on it with older ice on most of it. we are very close ;D i'm still hoping for the only prestent i want for my b-day (thursday): fishible ice.  :)

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Nov 27, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Sounds like you guys are in better shape than us down here in Jersey. 60's All week!

sounds like they're better off than we are here in upstate...right now it's 52 degrees and raining hard......Esox

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Nov 28, 2006, 07:16 AM »
All this ice even with November being about 5 degrees above the average high so far (In Albany). The smaller ponds are ready and the cold is coming not much longer now.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Nov 28, 2006, 11:22 AM »
yes cold front is supposed to hit friday night and saturday and supposed to stay cold!!!!  ;D  :)

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.