New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Adk Get together 2 Pics update  (Read 7020 times)

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Adk Get together 2 Pics update
« on: Mar 06, 2006, 07:06 AM »
Well here's what the forecast for Albany looks like for the week :'(, I'm not sure how the ice will hold up on Lake George. We should start thinking about a back-up location, I'm in for most any location, Raquette and 7th both have lean-to's and decent access. What's everyone else think?

Robb :tipup:

Offline tgrm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Adk Get together 2 Who & Where?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2006, 07:18 AM »
The King will be forgotten.
tgrm

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2006, 07:22 AM »
Lets go to 7th! I never fished there and I think the fish will be a little bigger than raquette :) ...they got camping right?

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2006, 09:07 AM »
Lets go to 7th! I never fished there and I think the fish will be a little bigger than raquette :) ...they got camping right?

7th sounds good to me, easy access, lean-to's and decent fishing. The ride across the lake is way shorter too. Anyone else??

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2006, 09:26 AM »
lean-to's...thats huge.....especially wit the rain they are callin for...I am in!! Prolly will find another someone to join me :)

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2006, 09:58 AM »
lean-to's...thats huge.....especially wit the rain they are callin for...I am in!! Prolly will find another someone to join me :)

I see there might be a chance of showers but I think we'll be fine!! I just got a big bag of venison jerky for you to try ;D!

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2006, 06:19 PM »
I'm in for 7th...  :thumbsup:
No lean-to for me though, stayin on the ice.......fish all day-fish all night, then catch some sleep at work on monday.  :flex:   ;)2
Besides I need more practice jiggin lakers with no vex?

All right..........   maybe I'll put a tip up in the shanty and tie a string from the flag to my big toe so I can catch a quick nap.  :roflmao:

Whos goin to be there friday a.m???

Wellsy.

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Not bad, but i can do better!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Where is 7th lake? 
My new Motto for the New Year #@%& it i'm going fishing

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2006, 05:38 AM »
Where is 7th lake? 

between raquette and old forge on rt 28 :)...just north of inlet...come down man!

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2006, 08:15 AM »
Yeah,

Me Dan and Eric(my old roomate) Are thinking about it, I just had no clue where 7th was.  Where would we meet?  I probally can't get their till 7 or so on Sat am. What are we fishign for? 

Matt

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2006, 09:01 AM »
Yeah,

Me Dan and Eric(my old roomate) Are thinking about it, I just had no clue where 7th was.  Where would we meet?  I probally can't get their till 7 or so on Sat am. What are we fishign for? 

Matt

If you need a map let me know. There is a state boat launch right in rte 28, lots of parking and an outhouse! There are lakers, salmon, browns, rainbows, and an occasional brookie in 7th as well as smelt, perch, smallies. We'll have some quads out there so if you need a ride out I'm sure many of us will be on channel 7 with radios.

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2006, 11:32 AM »
I'm in, as well as my bro-in law J...getting the venison prepared for marination...watch out for that Wellsy character though he's a little crazy lately  ;D also OZZY is bringing the horse shoes for lunch break...should be intersting  ;)
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Sounds good, i got to talk to some of the guys.  How far out do you think you'll guys will be none of us have any quads so a ride may be helpful. 

Matt

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Sounds good, i got to talk to some of the guys.  How far out do you think you'll guys will be none of us have any quads so a ride may be helpful. 

Matt

Not too far from the launch, it's walkable but we can give you a ride if you need one.

Offline trimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Any idea if there is enough snow for my snowmobile.I was thinking of trying to make it .I would be coming up on Saturday early am.

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Any idea if there is enough snow for my snowmobile.I was thinking of trying to make it .I would be coming up on Saturday early am.

There was a foot and a half of snow 2 weeks ago so I would think there should still be some snow, but who knows with the rain coming  ??? You can launch your sled right onto the ice from the boat launch.

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Looks like myself and two freinds are deffinetly in.  What time do people plan on ariving Sat for those not camping? Will people have grills or should I stick to the cold food? Can't wait.

Matt

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2006, 07:24 AM »
Looks like myself and two freinds are deffinetly in.  What time do people plan on ariving Sat for those not camping? Will people have grills or should I stick to the cold food? Can't wait.

Matt

A few of us will be up there already so we should be up and fishing by 7am or so. I will have my gass grill with me and your welcome to use it, I plan on hot dogs and burgers for lunch, and there will be a lot of venison ;D.

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2006, 08:01 AM »
Pyont! I cant wait! I just want ONE laker on the jiggin rod   :)

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 08, 2006, 08:43 AM »
Pyont! I cant wait! I just want ONE laker on the jiggin rod   :)
Very goot,very goot...that should'nt be a problem !!  ;)  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2006, 08:53 AM »
Iceenut0,

I just bought a couple more of those killer PINK jigs, we'll see how they work on 7th!! Also me and Hood have a new plan to maybe ICE some browns and bows ;)!!! Time is getting shorter! I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve, I can't wait!!

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #21 on: Mar 08, 2006, 09:04 AM »
Good luck you guys.  I'm playing "doggie daddie" while "she the one who must be obeyed" is on a long vacation in Mexico :D  Time for some wild parties at my house with all of her single friends >:D  Well not really, but I'll be fishing at the KING come Saturday if the ice holds which it should.  ;D

Your a good man Slip!! Watching the doggies >:(, like my wife says "i'm very spoiled" fishing so much!! Good luck on the King on Saturday I'm sure you'll kill 'em! Next week maybe the Crappie spot on the Sac and some eye's up from there ;).

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 08, 2006, 09:05 AM »
Iceenut0,

I just bought a couple more of those killer PINK jigs, we'll see how they work on 7th!! Also me and Hood have a new plan to maybe ICE some browns and bows ;)!!! Time is getting shorter! I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve, I can't wait!!

Yeah I'm heading out today/tomorrow for some last minute goodies and bait...hopefully Ross' still has smelt and some of the PINK ASSASINS...shhhhhh!!  ;)  :tipup: :tipup:

dwayne

« Reply #23 on: Mar 08, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Good luck you guys.  I'm playing "doggie daddie" while "she the one who must be obeyed" is on a long vacation in Mexico :D  Time for some wild parties at my house with all of her single friends >:D  Well not really, but I'll be fishing at the KING come Saturday if the ice holds which it should.  ;D

Hopefully she isn't living the Toby Keith song down there......   ::)

dwayne

« Reply #24 on: Mar 08, 2006, 09:35 AM »
I don't any Toby Keith but would it be "Livin La Vida Loca" or something or wait maybe that's that Ricky Martin guy.   :D  God, what the hell ever happened to Ricky Martin did he go the way of Millie Vanillie ???

Not a fan of country John?

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #25 on: Mar 08, 2006, 12:01 PM »
country music??  NRPS thank you very much ;D

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Mar 08, 2006, 01:54 PM »
A few of us will be up there already so we should be up and fishing by 7am or so. I will have my gass grill with me and your welcome to use it, I plan on hot dogs and burgers for lunch, and there will be a lot of venison ;D.

Sounds great can't wait.  I'm thinking sausage peppers and onions.  Appreciate the grill, i may go out and dick with mine since its so nice out today and see if i can get it working.   We are planning on ariving around 7 or so, but that depends on exactly how long of a ride it is from the Glens Falls area and how well we get moving in the am.  Just so i don't get myself in trouble since smelt is native i can bring some smelt for bait correct?  I was thinking smelt for lakers and some regular emaralds for those browns.   

And finnally just to make sure I don't waste anytime.  I'm going to hop on rt 28 and go like i'm driving to old forge.  Their will be a boat launch right off of 28 correct? then from their where will you guys be.  I'll  bring my radio because if their is enough ice i'll just bring the truck right out. 

Matt

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #27 on: Mar 08, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Sounds great can't wait.  I'm thinking sausage peppers and onions.  Appreciate the grill, i may go out and dick with mine since its so nice out today and see if i can get it working.   We are planning on ariving around 7 or so, but that depends on exactly how long of a ride it is from the Glens Falls area and how well we get moving in the am.  Just so i don't get myself in trouble since smelt is native i can bring some smelt for bait correct?  I was thinking smelt for lakers and some regular emaralds for those browns.   

And finnally just to make sure I don't waste anytime.  I'm going to hop on rt 28 and go like i'm driving to old forge.  Their will be a boat launch right off of 28 correct? then from their where will you guys be.  I'll  bring my radio because if their is enough ice i'll just bring the truck right out. 

Matt

I'm gonna do the suasage and peppers too!!! Love em on the ice! Smelt are fine to bring I think there are some in there. Your directions are right, just before you get into Inlet the boat launch for 7th is located on the right side. I'm not sure but there should be more than 15" of good ice, not sure about any channels there and I'm leaving my truck at the launch but towing the trailer out with the wheeler. Channel 7 on the radio, you guys spending the night too?

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Mar 08, 2006, 02:40 PM »
You make a good point about the channels, I owe way too much on my little truck to let it take a swim  :woot: :woot:  How far out are you fishing from the launch?  I'm excited to fish with some new guys and try out a new lake.

Matt

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Mar 08, 2006, 05:52 PM »
Pyont! I cant wait...gonna be there a little later than I hoped....hopefully by 2 on friday...gonna stay til sunday morn unless im drenched for one reason or another. This is gonna rock.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.