New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Don't Forget the New Law!!!!!  (Read 7433 times)

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
Re: Don't Forget the New Law!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: Mar 25, 2010, 07:48 PM »
 Well to rub a little salt in the wounds. The wife ordered 2 new Cabelas vests They came in today. Didn't really need them but I will say these will make for some easier movements. She got them cause they color coordinate with the boat. LOL. Anyways I did enjoy this discusion and we all handled it like the men I know we all are. All of us have beliefs and we stuck to our guns without bickering. THANKS TO ALL!! See it can be fun and even for me I learned some stuff and am willing to give in some. That's what these boards are about plain and simple. Nice discusions without name calling not heated but luke warm. I hope these kind of discusions will continue on MFF and hope to see all of you over their.

AND TRAPPER
 Lmao that's another post I agree with from you. You are so right but as the world as we knew, it is shrinking around us we still have our freedom to express ourselves. Thanks to those who are laying their lives on the line for all of us to have freedom to choose. We all know how the buck doesn't stretch as far as it used to and like you I am fearfull of what we will be leaving our kids and grandchildren with. One thing I can say is I am glad I taught my son how to survive off the land if needed. God willing it wont come to that. See you on MFF.
Everyone have a safe summer

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Mar 25, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Well to rub a little salt in the wounds. The wife ordered 2 new Cabelas vests They came in today. Didn't really need them but I will say these will make for some easier movements. She got them cause they color coordinate with the boat. LOL. Anyways I did enjoy this discusion and we all handled it like the men I know we all are. All of us have beliefs and we stuck to our guns without bickering. THANKS TO ALL!! See it can be fun and even for me I learned some stuff and am willing to give in some. That's what these boards are about plain and simple. Nice discusions without name calling not heated but luke warm. I hope these kind of discusions will continue on MFF and hope to see all of you over their.

AND TRAPPER
 Lmao that's another post I agree with from you. You are so right but as the world as we knew, it is shrinking around us we still have our freedom to express ourselves. Thanks to those who are laying their lives on the line for all of us to have freedom to choose. We all know how the buck doesn't stretch as far as it used to and like you I am fearfull of what we will be leaving our kids and grandchildren with. One thing I can say is I am glad I taught my son how to survive off the land if needed. God willing it wont come to that. See you on MFF.
Everyone have a safe summer

Cold feet, I think you just might have put a tear in my eye.... good stuff bro!!!. I think all of us sportsmen can see this world that we grew up in, and learned to love.. really is starting to "shrink" around us.... and I will be quite honest my friend....... Scarry stuff!! Wish I could find an easy answer, and a quick fix. But I guess the best most people can do is..... focus on the younger chaps, and teach them all we can. Keep them interested, and vocal about their beliefs!! Every little bit helps in these trying days!! ;)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Man. Now we're getting deep. If I can offer my opinion.
Your world is what you make of it. We can't do much about the world we live in, but we can alter our perception.
This is one of the better shots of my world.

We can't "fix" the world for our children. We can't shelter them from the world we are leaving them.
We can however raise them to enjoy and experience the finer points in life that make this world and country a great place to live.
We can't do much about the world they will live in but we can mold there perception.
We love America.

And g*d da**it we love New York!

The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:59 PM »
Dude, you kill me with them picks!!! ;D I think You know how much I love my Fam. also. Slayer, I have got to get out and hang with the likes of U also!!! Good stuff pal! ;)

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Mar 26, 2010, 03:04 AM »
It is nice to have discussions on a subject that many people have many opinions about and not have it personal.
Look guys we went 4 pages and stayed away from the GOM forum!!! ;D
I too am really afraid of what is transpiring in this country, I manage a home center and listen to people everyday that can't afford to fix a hot water tank, a leaking roof, broken windows, right now water in their basement. Had one yesterday, needed a new pump as the water was almost to the furnace. He only had so much money, so I took a deposit on a pump for him, reduced the price considerably, told him to stop in when he had some money to pay it off. Done the same for people needing hot water heaters, the scary part is these people have what used to be decent jobs in the area, both husband and wife. But they barely cover the bills. if something goes wrong they are sunk. Like me, My sons car had the front end drop out of it yesterday. I had to shell out the 150.00 for a part on my wife's truck it was needing but we were waiting to get. So any extra I did have is now gone. We live on the brink of disaster all the time, and as I'm seeing it the country is as well.
They would like to make you think with propaganda that everything is turning up and we will be back up on our feet soon, I don't see it happening soon. Years down the road, if ever. So I guess my point is one little law on PFD usage, not really all that important in the grand scheme of it all. Slyr is right, Helping those little ones to learn to live on their own and survive what this world throws at them is the important part. And enjoy this beautiful country we live in(the land not the state of it). Glad to call all of ya brothers in the outdoors.
Scott

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #95 on: Mar 26, 2010, 08:36 AM »
A lesson learned, by me, this year.

Thanks Trapper.
RG

works  two  ways!!!!!  thank you RG

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #96 on: Apr 02, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Oletimer,
You're a good man. It's encouraging to read a story of a local merchant helping the community.

Your good will come back to you in time.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Apr 02, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Oletimer,
You're a good man. It's encouraging to read a story of a local merchant helping the community.

Your good will come back to you in time.
RG

Ditto and Amen!!

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Apr 02, 2010, 07:36 PM »
Thanks guys. If it does, I'll welcome it. If not I feel good about myself, and the chance to help people. What I really love about my job. Sad part is it is getting down to if you don't perform to a certain level they will replace you. What I'm dealing with now.
Really gives meaning to nice guys finish last...

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Apr 03, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Thanks guys. If it does, I'll welcome it. If not I feel good about myself, and the chance to help people. What I really love about my job. Sad part is it is getting down to if you don't perform to a certain level they will replace you. What I'm dealing with now.
Really gives meaning to nice guys finish last...

That's a tough one for me oletimer, as I am a business owner also!! Productivity is key for my business to thrive. Alot of people don't realize that most shops bill per "flat rate hour", which is pre-determined via testing on brand new vehicles, (we go by a labor guide), and not in real world circumstances. My guys work 10 hour days, and rarely "turn" more than 6 hours on a daily basis. I pay my employees hourly, and overtime after 40. By the time we get through overhead, insurances, (which are heavy in this business), payroll and taxes, There isn't much left over. If they each turned that extra 4 hours a day, well I have 3 full time techs. That is 12 xtra hours a day, and 60 a week!! At 50 bucks per say an hour. We are talking 3 grand in revenue a week. That is an extra thousand a week per employee, not counting the money on the extra parts we would be selling! When I catch them dilly dallying, well I think I have a valid reason to be upset. Especially when I have went months without drawing a check!! You are right, NICE GUYS FINISH LAST?? I learned how tough it can be to be friends with employees. Stinks but it is a way of the world! We americans as a whole have become slackers in my opinion. Most of these young guys have no values for the most part. I've seen it with my employee turnover. OK done venting, hope no body took this post the wrong way, just stating facts i have seen in my industry

Offline Drewski121

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh yeah
« Reply #100 on: Apr 13, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Still Here....  DD   ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.