Author Topic: Icefishing a drawdown lake for bass + panfish (*Underwater view*!)  (Read 194 times)

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Running out of ice season where I am....supposed to be warm + rainy next wk....so trying sneak in a few more trips before then...

On this trip, I'm fishing drawdown lake.  So, the 1st challenge is actually getting to the water over some rocks + then thru mud.  Not many ppl are going to go through the trouble, so I had the pond to myself.  Fishing was good, but the underwater video showed me that I wasn't being patient enough hole hopping....and at one point....I had a guy on fat bike come up to me & start talking....right at that point a huge school of fish was going underneath my feet while I was chit-chatting....totally unaware, lol.

I caught some nice bass on the jigstick, missed a few more....and got a mixed bag of panfish, too.

Check it out if you have some time...

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
Nice video. Looks like there is a lot of fish in that pond.
Master Laker taker.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
That was some tough walking to get out on the ice. I’ve been on a few of those trips this year and lucky not to get injured. Seeing how finicky they were, just got to keep switching up type jigs and sizes. Nice work.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thx, guys!  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.