Author Topic: Heinricy Lake Crappies?  (Read 769 times)

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Heinricy Lake Crappies?
« on: Jan 02, 2019, 02:23 PM »
I know the other Colorado fishing site says there's crappie in there yet when I look at the stocking report I do not see crappie stocked but carp and whatnot.

I know the lake is 6feet deep, never really fished it. Has anyone actually caught a crappie there?
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Re: Heinricy Lake Crappies?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2019, 02:27 PM »
I know the other Colorado fishing site says there's crappie in there yet when I look at the stocking report I do not see crappie stocked but carp and whatnot.

I know the lake is 6feet deep, never really fished it. Has anyone actually caught a crappie there?
Yes, but it’s closed to ice fishing.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2019, 05:29 PM »
Yes, but it’s closed to ice fishing.

I stand corrected.  I was going off Colorado fishing Atlas, but others have said it’s fine.  If you like super small fish, and a super shallow pond... ;)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2019, 11:43 PM »
I stand corrected.  I was going off Colorado fishing Atlas, but others have said it’s fine.  If you like super small fish, and a super shallow pond... ;)
Yea, it's definitely ok for ice fishing, spoke to the CPW officer lady and she told me I am good to ice fish it.  The 6ft of water and small pond works in my favor as I enjoy catching small crappies, I just want to catch one through the ice. Unfortunately I am not off till the weekend and the weather will not be in my favor, I plan to hit up the northwest mountains this weekend anyway.

Thanks for the response.
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.