Author Topic: Problem with Clam light/fan combo  (Read 1209 times)

Offline .45-75WCF

• Team IceShanty Regular
Problem with Clam light/fan combo
« on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if so, is there a quick fix?  I got in on Clams "get a free light/fan with the purchase of a new Clam shelter" offer, last December.  It finally arrived late last week, just in time to test it out on Saturday.  This is the larger of the two units they sell.  The light and two speed fan work great, but right out of the box I noticed that it was nearly impossible to transport the thing even a few feet without the handle assembly over the battery compartment turning loose and falling off.  It is supposed to have a friction fit by putting the two parts together and turning them into the tight position, but there isn't a tight position.   I don't really want to return it, so I thought I'd ask a few questions here first.

dakotaice

Re: Problem with Clam light/fan combo
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if so, is there a quick fix?  I got in on Clams "get a free light/fan with the purchase of a new Clam shelter" offer, last December.  It finally arrived late last week, just in time to test it out on Saturday.  This is the larger of the two units they sell.  The light and two speed fan work great, but right out of the box I noticed that it was nearly impossible to transport the thing even a few feet without the handle assembly over the battery compartment turning loose and falling off.  It is supposed to have a friction fit by putting the two parts together and turning them into the tight position, but there isn't a tight position.   I don't really want to return it, so I thought I'd ask a few questions here first.
hi,i dont have one but i looked it up to see what you were talking about.it looks to me that the handle is attached to the battery cover(correct me if im wrong).maybe try and put some sports tape around the threads so it will tighten up.i know its a rig but if ya dont want to return right away this might get you through the season and  return it then.just a thought

Offline Gordo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2010, 02:17 PM »
There have been a few mentions of that problem on here.

I received one of these for Christmas, and when I picked it up, it came apart with the lower half falling to the floor and breaking.

Another poster mentioned that if you turn really hard, that it does lock into position. I hadn't tried that with mine yet since it broke. Careful not to bust anything trying to get it to lock.

My solution is a couple of pieces of electrical tape over the seam after installing batteries. The light still works on my broken unit, and this has held it together well for now, until Clam replaces it for me. I filed a warranty claim.

Offline rtibbs48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 02:22 PM »
It does turn really hard,  If you turn it hard you will hear it snap in place.   

Offline .45-75WCF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:55 PM »
Well rtibbs48 was right, it does turn really hard.  I simply didn't turn is far enough, for fear of breaking it.  just went out and tried it and she tightened right up.  Thanks to all for your input.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.