The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Sag bay  (Read 965 times)

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sag bay
« on: Jan 20, 2020, 03:37 PM »
Went out today between linwood and pinconning 730am-2. Ice was mostly 3-4in was able to make it to the edge of the sheet GPS said about a half mile out. Watched the open water freeze up while I was out there, pretty cool. 6-7 fow out there, no fish. Moved all over didn't see a single fish till I was coming back in and popped a hole 100 yards from shore, 2fow where there had been cattails and watched a school of 2 inch perch swim by, tried all around there for a bit but didnt see anything else. Heading back thursday or Friday and sticking around for sunset.

Anyone else out on the west side? Seeing anything in shallow?
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sag bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2020, 06:29 PM »
I may go explore tomorrow or the next day near the mouth of the pine or by bay city state park
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline martini77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2020, 06:27 AM »
I am hoping to get out friday morning from whites or palmer.

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2020, 12:39 PM »
Ice is breaking up and blowing out with the wind today  :'( anyone have eyes on the west side shore ice?
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.