Author Topic: NOTICE - Deep Creek Get Together Postponed Until Safe Ice.  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
We have had to change to get together date at Deep Creek because of a change in the tourney being held there. A lot of people wanted to stay and fish in the tourney that will be held the following day. Since the tourney date has changed to February 5, 2006, we've changed the get together date to Saturday, February 4, 2006.  I hope this doesn't mess up any plans for you all, but wanted to get this out with a month's notice.  I had to cancel reservations I had because of this.
We still haven't decided on a meeting place yet, but hopefully will have it finalized shortly. Just monitor the post at the top of this forum. Thanks.
Ken                                          

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NOTICE - Deep Creek Get Together Postponed Until Safe Ice.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Since the main lake is all openwater now and probably will be in 2 weeks, we'll have to postpone the get together. We need a long long long cold spell!
Ken                                          

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
Re: NOTICE - Deep Creek Get Together Postponed Until Safe Ice.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2006, 12:38 PM »
Postponed but not out of the question.  That area gets quite cold.  If normal temps return for this time of year up there the ice could return safely across the entire lake in a week, but that is the catch...we need this weather pattern and current jet stream to change.  Everyone please turn and face the south, take a deep breath, and blow!  Once we have signs of ice on that lake then we'll return to planning this thing.  Set aside Feb 18 weekend for now (the tourney date has been revised to the 19th).
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.