The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: eating yellow perch  (Read 2618 times)

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: eating yellow perch
« Reply #30 on: Jan 26, 2024, 08:16 AM »
The state gets all the Golden eagle photos

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #31 on: Jan 26, 2024, 12:16 PM »
You can always feed the eagles a 3lb salmon when it gets in the way of your perch harvest.
Honestly made me laugh out loud. Love it.
I'll think about that!!! Eagles need to eat too!!! If they were togue... maybe... hehe Been making dog chews from a couple togue! They love togue jerky!!!
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2024, 08:18 PM »
That would certainley be better for dogs than the stuff you buy!!!

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #33 on: Jan 29, 2024, 09:56 AM »
I have gotten to enjoy perch quite a bit the last 4 years. So much so that I often wonder why I fish for salmon and trout and release 2-300 per year when I could put that effort is something that's great table fare.
______________________ ___

Its a lazy man that cant find his wife a second job

Offline Thebeardedwaterfowler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 29, 2024, 10:02 AM »
Perch are great eating. A little beer batter and a hot oil bath. Yummy.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2024, 12:21 PM »
I have gotten to enjoy perch quite a bit the last 4 years. So much so that I often wonder why I fish for salmon and trout and release 2-300 per year when I could put that effort is something that's great table fare.
Yep, I have pretty much stop fishing for salmonids altogether, except whitefish. I may take a salmon on occasion for smoking or gravlax. I take a few togue a year, generally by-catch of whitefishing, for my pups. Recently made some togue jerky dog chews... Kinda greasy and smelly!!! The pups love them!!!
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2024, 01:51 PM »
 Not mine ..  I would never sell a perch..✌️✌️

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2024, 05:01 AM »

Not much catch and release going on fishing with tip ups, but let’s say you put 2-300 salmonids back down the hole ;)

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2024, 06:32 AM »

Have you ever had smoked salmon it's the only way I'll eat it
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2024, 06:38 PM »
there's a guy from s. Maine that's offering to buy any yellow perch 7in. or bigger. $1 ea. he's been advertising up here in the County. says he'll come up every couple weeks to pick them up frozen whole.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 01, 2024, 07:33 PM »
there's a guy from s. Maine that's offering to buy any yellow perch 7in. or bigger. $1 ea. he's been advertising up here in the County. says he'll come up every couple weeks to pick them up frozen whole.

Yet around here we get $2+/lb live weight of perch
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #41 on: Feb 02, 2024, 04:35 AM »
Wow! Do you hav contact info? Thanks!

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 02, 2024, 07:01 AM »
 Commercial Fishing Liscense ??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.