Author Topic: Post some Pics  (Read 19130 times)

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: Post some Pics
« Reply #60 on: Mar 04, 2005, 03:55 PM »

Well My Pal Frank and Myself Went out today about 3 miles east of Willow. Easily to spot. TOns of Trucks and Sleds ATV's you name it. Well the Day was a little chilly to start. We ended up meeting up with some friends (Hut neighbors) of Franks. When we got there they had nothing showing on the ice. THen 5 mins later they started Hitting. Franks Hut neighbors (RIck and Carle) i belive his name was lol. Anyhow these guys were on fire. THen came Their friends who Did the same thing...THey kept Catching fish after fish. LOl Needless to say these Guys limited out Very fast. During this time i tried to Mimic RIck's Fishing which then started to turn on for me. THe first fish i had on I lost About 20 seconds later. My drag wasn't set Right (sure blame it on the drag ) ANyhow SO then i decided to Set the drag this time and Had my next one on like 10 mins later. Only to loose him after About 6 seconds (must have lip ripped that papermouth) ANyhow About 15 mins after that i had my next one and he lasted all of about a min till He came off My Drag just wasnt acting right im SUre (couhg cough ) ya thats it,. ANyhow THen I finally GOt a nice Hook set on one. And Started to reel her up again....I belive i got her About 50 Feet up (were in about 92 FOW) anyhow thast when my Drag FRoze up again. SO then as i started to try and set it I flt alot of slack.........Way to much ....My line had Snapped (dammed Mono )  Lost my $4.50 lure lol Anyhow this is when i just switched ROds. HAd enough of the Drag. Switched to my other ROd with Fireline on. ABout 20 mins after that I had a Nice hook and HE was off to fight me to the top. I was kind of quiet on this one because Frank still hadnt had a bite...LOL...Anyhow im calmly talking to him as he asks me if i have had any bites....I said no just this one on my line. LOL....Anyhow i bring her up and shes does a coupel runs along the way. She took roughly 1 min to bring up from those DEpths . When i Brought her to the hole....She banged her Mouth of the Ice and my lure was free but she Was already in the hole and COuldnt swim backwards so she just kept coming up. SO in my arm goes...COat and all.....LOL Grabbed ahold of her and she wasnt getting away. U on the ICe and I was Smiling. I guess her to be round 5 pounds? ANyhow the rest of the people around us kept catching fish and our neighbor friends Had their limit all 6 of them they had to leave. I ended up Loosing a few more. Another I had at the top of the HOle and Frank was watching as i was fighting it....It was a little bigger so he offered to gaff it when it got to the hole. SO i said ok. ANyhow as it reached the hole FRanks Gaff Released my hook from its mouth and Actually pushed the fish under the hole  ....(wonder if he did it on purpose) LOL he apoligised and said he wasnt that great at gaffing lol ...Oh well i said just a fish. ANyhow Franks Luck wasnt that great today. He didnt get much int he way of bites at all. He actully left from his hole and fished another hole 60 Feet away....Soon as he left another friend of ours fished the same hole and limited out in like 10 mins. Ohhh the Fun of fishing ...Needles to say frank was not happy. ANyhow THats Fishing for ya some days its good other days....NOt so much. All in all a great day out there lots of people catching. Most using the WIlliams medium sized half and half..w/wo The pearl... A few were using MagZ bad boyz with great success tipped with Tube jigs to match the color. THe Whitiys for the most were caught on subtle Jigging 1-6 inches from the bottom. THe best bite for us was after 10:30 but before noon. ANyhow just thought id add all this in Just to give ya guys something to read as well..Tight lines!

Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Mar 04, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Nice fish germ ;D. I got a report from a couple of buddies that went to Simcoe yesterday and it was'nt good. Four guys and only about 5 fish a piece(perch) and they were'nt anything special(10-11inchers). How has it been by you?? I yelled at Dave to get those damn pictures developed so i could post'em . Guess he'll do it this week.Sure he will ??? Don't know what is taking him so long. We've been doing pretty good on the perch and crappie here but i'd like to get a couple of those white fish to bring home and smoke. I here it's hard to keep'em lite lol. Give me a holler, Utes

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 05, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Well Utes the Whities have been furious. Its about the technique though im sure. Not that im any good at it either....But the others i was WIth (minus Frank) Limited out very fast.  6 guys limited out. One guy went after lakers and Whtites he must have caught and released at least 6 whities before keeping his 2 to keep. SO...This was all in the 3-4 hours we fished for them. I had 8 online. Frank messed one at the hole by gaffing it off and putting it down lol. Poor Frank. Anyhow they have been great Like this in the one spot FOr weeks:> Problem is ya got to Drive out to it. Ya need a truck and Theres not much more time left this year. SO if your coming up better ,make it soon..LOL tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Mar 18, 2005, 10:47 PM »
These Mud puppys are they quite common? ??????? I have have never seen one myself just wondered who else has ever caught one?
      I caught four of those 'Water Dogs' on Sacandaga this year. The color was lighter and most of them had my bait in their mouths and the hook still outside, so they just dropped off onto the ice. We took some pics and dropped 'em back down the hole.
      I'd move the bait up a foot and commence to catchin' walleyes right after. We'd get 'em more at night. my Bud's would always say I'm fishin' too close to bottom, but I watched 'em come up two feet in five feet of water.
      According to Cornell they are a 'Three toed Salamander', not quite like that elongate flattened 'Mud Puppy' that's dark green/black with ripply edges along its body that gets almost four feet long in the upper Delaware drainage area.
      I guess they do well in aquariums too, and you know what to feed 'em. They are a sign of a healthy lake bottom though, so I try to get 'em back in the water soon's I can.
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
« Reply #64 on: Mar 21, 2005, 08:25 PM »
heres a  nice wall

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #65 on: Sep 06, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Since I'm starting to get geared up for the coming season, I just thought I'd post some pics from last year...

Jeff's 29"er..

The gf's first ice walleye..

Ottawa River walleye..

A little drunk me tinks...

Baitcasting school on ice...

gold...

Ling..

Richard's 36" sturgeon..

Now we've been keeping busy in the off-ice season as well...

Ian's 3.8lber..

a 2.5lber..

gf's pb largie...

slop largie..

solid 4.2lber..

first cat of the year...

Ganny bow...

First chrome..

Well that's sorta a year in review type thing... but really can't wait for ice to return... gonna charge the Vex batteries tonight I think :)

iceshack05

Offline Whisper Woman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Sep 09, 2005, 06:24 AM »

This is one of the best pics I have... Fishing with these Guys!!! I had the best time... Next time though Im bringing a compass....or a GPS...LOL...

Keeping Kids Warm  needs your help

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Sep 09, 2005, 05:19 PM »
HI ICESHAK05

jee i am almost the only one in fishhawk that is not in those picture,,,,, ::),,,,,,,,

see you next winter in that petrie bay,mabe i will be in the next year picture in here ;D,,,,,,,

always nice to see floatfishing giving some flipping course on ice,,,,,,, :D

and richard did catch a cople off sturgeons and did miss a huge one to,,,,,,,,, :o

but i am 80%crappy bay and somtime in the walley bay,,,,,,,,

see you soon,,,,,,,,

joco ;)

trapperdirk

« Reply #68 on: Sep 27, 2005, 12:40 AM »
Ok Joco it's your turn to post some pics bud or maybe get your new Vex too post them for you. ;D

TD

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
« Reply #69 on: Sep 29, 2005, 06:48 AM »
Last day of walleye season this February.

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Oct 26, 2005, 05:12 PM »
HI TRAPPERDIRK

HEY do have my new VEX18,, ;) and the new,,,fish cam,,,,,,,but still dont have a digital,,,,,,,

ha i will ask this to SANTA this year,,,,, ;)

take care trapperdirk

and mabe see you on some ice somewhere :D

joco

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Dec 03, 2005, 07:36 AM »
Joco

I finally bought my vex this year, and a new Mr.Heater.The new Clam is on it's way, and all new combos are spooled up and ready to go ;D I just don't know how I'm going to fit it all inside ???

This is how much space I had in the Clam last year.I hated that stove, door would always have to be open to air out the fumes(Fumes wasn't that bad, just a procaution.)Im going to have to make some adjustments this year!
Andrew

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Dec 04, 2005, 06:50 AM »
hey tip up,,,,,,,,,,,how are you doing bud.... ;)

great to see you got your vexilar,,,,, ;D........

there will a lot off those this year the crappy bay and other,,,,,,

same  thing here,now i have to mutch stuff,,,,,,,,and all my stuff dont stuff in that fish trap pro,,,,so will have 2
trailer whit me,,,,,,,,,,,the fish trap and one other one,,behind for the jiffy and other stuff... :o :o........

i will have to wait till there like a foot off water to bring all my stuff........ ::)...

but hey see you soon,,,,,,,whit a small pachage off stuf,,,on  4 inch off ice,,,,,SOON,,,,, ;D

joco

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:14 PM »
Next weekend ;)
Andrew

Offline gobbler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Dec 06, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Well I am kinda dissapointed in Minnow !  We had a little ice fishing expedition a couple of weeks ago, thought she mighta posted it by now.......
We heard of some ice close by so a Minnow, Alpha and I packed up the gear and headed out for a day of fishing.....
Dont think we will go back to the spot, NO FISH !
Seasons Greetings
Gobbler

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Dec 06, 2005, 03:16 PM »
now that was funny... such geeks lol thanks for the laugh

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #76 on: Dec 07, 2005, 12:03 PM »
LOL

I did post this pic on the site, I put it on the general thread! It is now buried. Not sure why I did not post it here...That was such a blast. Not too sure how some of the figure skating mom took it. I think some got the joke but clearly some just will not understand! 

wish I was ice fishin
Minnow

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Dec 07, 2005, 12:51 PM »
 LMAO!! I wish I could have seen the looks on the faces of the ones that didn't get it!! ;D That is good stuff ladies!! Can't wait to see some pics of more successful trips this winter  ;) :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #78 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Here's a few from my first winter in Ontario. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ratsotail

trapperdirk

« Reply #79 on: Dec 07, 2005, 11:02 PM »
Those are great pics and the gills look huge and not often seen on the Ontario forum . Thanks for sharing ratsotail . ;D

TD

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Dec 08, 2005, 01:33 PM »
Trapperdirk,

It would appear if the fish isn't a Laker, Pike or Walleye that not many fisherman target Sunnies or Bluegill in the Ottawa area. I personally prefer them over Crappie and Perch for panfare. Life's good Trapper! I'll be on the ice this weekend for the first time chasing these fish around.

Ratsotail

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #81 on: Dec 09, 2005, 07:12 PM »
That first fish......that's a bluegill? Are you sure its not a pumpkinseed? I've caught those before and was told they were pumpkinseeds......the black dot behind the gill cover gives it away for me....am I wrong?

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Dec 10, 2005, 01:24 PM »
PGKris,

You are correct that fish is a Pumpinseed. You never want to question the Moderator's
fish knowledge right TD!?

ratsotail

trapperdirk

« Reply #83 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:59 AM »
PGKris,

You are correct that fish is a Pumpinseed. You never want to question the Moderator's
fish knowledge right TD!?

ratsotail

LOL Lads . Too me they are all just sunfish and didn't think anyone would get picky about their slight differences or names but such is life .
  How about I call them baitfish, PGKris, would that make you happy . ??? ;D

TD

Offline misfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Someday Im going to be just like him.....
« Reply #84 on: Dec 12, 2005, 11:34 AM »
How about I call them baitfish

:o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I need to find a disk I had around here from my last PC. It is loaded, with some great memories.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #85 on: Dec 12, 2005, 01:03 PM »
Nothing wrong with pumpkinseeds! They were good fighters for being 7" long......but ya baitfish is pretty close ;D

-Thoreau

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Dec 12, 2005, 07:19 PM »
I love to eat that kind of bait! ;D ;D ;D ;D

ratsotail

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #87 on: Dec 13, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I never killed any because at the time I had no idea what I had caught and if they were any good to eat. Good scrappers though. Hopefully I can get back to that lake. Loaded with them.

-Thoreau

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Dec 13, 2005, 07:37 PM »
Do you need some company PGKris ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!

ratsotail

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #89 on: Dec 14, 2005, 12:41 AM »
pfffft that lake is 10 hrs from where I live. If you ever go skiing in Whistler drop in at the tackle shop in Squamish just down the highway and ask about Stump lake. Lots of stocked bows too.

-Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.