Author Topic: How many outings?  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
How many outings?
« on: Feb 18, 2018, 08:14 PM »
I’m pretty sure the ice season is done in Kansas. It was a good season, especially compared to last year. I got out seven or eight times and with good fishing, so I feel fortunate. Gaught some good crappie with a few white bass thrown in. First season I got to use my little Frabill recon and buddy heater and I’m sold  ;D.

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How many outings?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Didn't ice fish in ks this year but have made 2 trips to south dakota and 4 to nebraska with my son.  Missed the only good ice in my area this year.  Glad you had a good. Season and got to break in the heater.

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How many outings?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2018, 10:11 AM »
Yes, ice season is over in KS. But wow what a great season in Kansas!! Made it out 10 times in KS and met a lot of great Kansas ice fishermen.(that right there was worth it and made my season) Also made it up to northern ND for early season ice for big gills. (Caught my biggest gill ever) Made it to first ice in SD for early perch bite,which the timing was perfect (for once!!) Then hit the IGLs twice. Then hit the SW Iowa twice. I only have one more trip in me. which will be for ND jumbo perch. Then my season will be over😩 This will the earliest I have put my gear up. I will miss the best time for late ice for jumbo perch/eyes. Oh well wait till next season...eh😉

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.