Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608677 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14940 on: Feb 17, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Morning all,

Deere.....beautiful views, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup: good luck with your new lure  ;)2

WS.....thanks for the sturgeon pic, amazing fish  :clap:  considered an endangered species in NY, but the DEC is working to bring them back  ;)

TT....need not be diabetic to benefit from cutting back on carbs and sugar  ;)2  hope your roads are all in decent shape for travel now  :)

Eddie.....sorry to hear you're under the weather, hope you kick it soon  :(   good luck tomorrow, watch the weather might be a tough drive in the a.m.  :-\

OS.....glad to hear Annie & Gandolf are "home" now  :thumbsup:  thank you for rescuing them  :bow:

IW.....so glad to hear you're going to see the show, you'll have a great time  :thumbsup: :clap:  it's about 90 minutes long and you'll be in stitches the entire time  :woot:  the theater is a small kind of rundown building, but they do a great job, enjoy  :thumbsup:

MrC.....yep we did the museum, drove up to the ski jump area & the bobsled site  :)  they actually had some world bobsled event going on so we didn't linger too long there to get mixed up in the traffic   :blink:  stopped in to the "miracle on ice" rink too  ;)  I had been there 30+ years ago when my son had a soccer tournament in that building  ;D  checked out some gift shops and picked up the grandkids each a hockey related shirt  ;)  watched the dog sled teams on the lake and the toboggan slope that ends on the ice  :o  very nice area with lots of history

IFF.....hope the meds clear up the leg once and for all  ;)   did your ice hold up  ???

LilM....nice fish  :thumbsup: :clap:  be careful out there on that honeycomb stuff, no fish is worth is worth taking a dip  :nono:

The dishwasher is in and working  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: :woot:  only took 2 more runs to Lowes and a little  :%$#!: to get the job done   :whistle:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

IW....here's a few pics from the theater:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14941 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:05 AM »
Good Morning all

Wow page 499 already.  Morning didn't go as planed, rear tire was flat.  Aired it up, and it held in for the trip out and back.  Ice is holding all the snow had melted and refroze.  Big mistake on my part, didn't take my cleats with  :cookoo: :nono: so did the slow shuffle out walking the bike and trailer.  Partner was just coming back off when I got there said the breeze was getting to him.  I stayed and it calmed until noon then 15 mph rolled in, that helped slide me off the ice.  On ride back I hardly needed to use the electric.  I was hitting 15 mph and no wind on my face.  :whistle: :cookoo: Pretty slow on the catching.  1 trout, 1 nice perch. Last 6 miles of the 12 mile trip home run into white out snow. that was coming straight out of the north.  Lake is to the east.  Passed on going out today.  Guessers saying highs of 31, 17, 22 with some snow next 3 days.

One group was using either a side scan, or camera trying to stay ahead of the perch schools.  One on the scan/camera two others drilling holes.  :unsure:

Well back to the meds.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #14942 on: Feb 18, 2019, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light snow falling and 19*, high of 29 today. Looks like about 2’’ so far, weather guessers say we might see 6 before it ends today. Just my luck on a day off... ;D

Bud...are the tires on your bike able to be studded? Slick ice and speed on the bike must get a little iffy? Have seen mountain bikes out on a local lake with studded tires before, was amazed how well they handled the slick ice conditions. Of course they’d probably be dedicated to the winter season, another set needed for better weather, more $$.
  Wally...glad the dishwasher job went fairly well, up and running again, excellent!  :clap:  Thanks for sharing the pictures and your trip, looks like a neat theater!!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...thanks, hope you’re feeling somewhat better also. Glad your wife is by your side helping you out with all the hurdles... :bow: :clap:

Canceled our trip this am. With the snow amounts possible, roughing out this cold, and the energy needed to pull out/back in the gear, just couldn’t see it...then snow removal to boot when getting back home, lol...not a good day for a road trip.
  Saw a few trucks that parked on the ice went in the water on the Lake George BS Thread. Whether or not the cause was from one of them being left running while it was parked for 5hrs. or not is up in the air. The exhaust/heat from the tail pipe and muffler melting down the ice, and then acting like a bubbler was mentioned. A hole pumping water near one of the tires also mentioned. Hate to judge anyone, but turning off the vehicle, removing the keys and locking the doors usually ranks pretty high on my to do list. Maybe he had the remote and didn’t hit the right button, who knows,  expensive lessons learned I imagine for both parties. Glad they were able to get them both out anyway and nobody was in danger.  :thumbsup:  https://i.postimg.cc/nrsqnN6c/3-EEA1800-9-DA8-4184-A877-A771663-BEBF9.jpg
  Cawfee’s brewing...another dose of DayQuil coming up!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, don’t forget your keys in the ignition, best of luck to those fishing!  :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14943 on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:15 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 14* and not snowing at this time, it did over night, not sure if more is to come. ::)
                              Eddie........That picture reminds me of the time that MW's truck with 5 others went through the ice up where I sent you. Then it
                     was due to someone drilling a hole near their trucks, on the other side of the cove they were parked were 15 to 20 cars and truck parked. :blink:
                     Sorry you had to cancel your trip. :(     
                             Wally.........I'm glad to hear that your new dishwasher is in with few problems and some  :%$#!: I had the same experience, only one trip
                     to the hardware store. :o I'm really looking forward to the show, Sunday can't get here soon enough. :whistle:
                             Bud..........I've seen bikes out on the lake here and I've seen them go down it wasn't pretty. ::) Be careful out there. :thumbsup:
                             Marv........I can't wait to see more of your trip to Wis. :clap:
                             Yesterday I got out for a little bit, I accompanied my wife to the dump then to town. After being home for a week it felt good. Not sure what
                     today will bring.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14944 on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sorry to hear you had to cancel today's trip  :(  hope the dayquil has you feeling better  ;)  can't imagine calling my insurance company and telling them my vehicle sank thru the ice I parked/drove on  :o ::)

IW......glad to read you were able to get out of the house a little  :thumbsup:  always feels good after being laid up  :)  how's the shoulder feeling  ???

IFF.....sounds like both you AND your bike needed cleats  :woot:  riding in white out conditions must be a challenge  :o

WS.....hope you had safe travels on the trip home, looking forward to your update  ;)2

H2L.....how was bowling last night  ???  fingers crossed MrsH is continuing to get stronger each day  :flex:

IF45....hope you get some good news soon so you can start moving forward  ;)

Some errands on tap today, not too much else going on  :)  looks like we'll be doing a 3 day trip north starting Wednesday  :icefish: :thumbsup: :clap: every time we've tried to plan the trip Mother Nature has managed to interfere  >:(  keeping our fingers crossed she feels sorry for us and lays low this time  :whistle: :woot:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14945 on: Feb 18, 2019, 05:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Snowing out this morning. Looks like we got about a 1” so far. My wife set everything up so I don’t have to leave the porch to take our dachshund out. I’m very lucky to have her. A lot of people have told my wife they wouldn’t have stayed.

Mason Eddie i’m Sorry you had to cancel.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14946 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:22 AM »
19 degrees and it looks like about 2 inches of snow.
Eddie, sometimes a day off with no plans, is a good day off. Take care of the cold.
IW, good that you were able to get out for a bit.
WW, glad the dishwasher install went well. Thanks for the pictures of the play. Will have to keep an eye out for it's next run.

Yesterday the daughter and Rocky were up for the day. Rocky is getting big. Wife is doing good. She wishes she had more energy but it will take awhile.
We took all 4 points last night and we are in 1st place by 5 points.

Not much planned for today, have to leave for NYC at 5:30 in the morning. The weather looks good.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14947 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Safe travels tomorrow H2L   ;)2  hope all reports are good  :thumbsup:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14948 on: Feb 18, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Getting greeted with 8* and half inch of snow this morning, news is already saying how slick it is out.  One of the interstate is closed due to a wreck, not in my direction of travel.  I better plan on leaving half hour earlier. :unsure:

WW hope you plan works out.

Eddie, sounds like a good choice to cancel  :unsure:

Quick breakfast, meds and off I go.

Take care all.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14949 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:47 AM »
The sun is starting to peak through. The guessed snow of an inch ended up being three or four. The wife had some steaks out yesterday for me to grill. When the time came I told her to put them back in the fridge unless she was going to do them in the white out. I had a bowl of cereal and sausage for supper. I would have done them in the broiler if it was like the one in an old stove I used to have.

I wish winters were like they used to be wuith a January thaw and then strayed cold until it was over. These yoyo temps are getting old. More rain guessed for next week end.

Eddie There has been a lot of people putting things through the ice around Michigan. A guy lost his life a few miles from here when his snowmobile went through. He was going over where a stream came into the lake. There has been a lot of quads and side by sides going through pressure cracks on Saginaw Bay. Yesterday there was a 40+ vehicle crash on an interstate. The road was not that bad but too many idiots driving to close. They have put cable a barrriers in some of the medians giving you no place to go if a crash happens ahead of you.

IFF At least you are smart enough to leave early unlike so many that leave late and cause others problems by their crazy driving. When we have appoinments in the city we try and get them scheduled around 10 am so we do not have to deal with those idiots. We always get to our appoinments early as I leave with time to spare.

H2l I hope the weather cooperates tomorrow for your trip to NYC. Prasyers that there are no problems so your wife can come back home.

ww I hope that those guys come to Michigan so I can see them. Seeing that pack basket in the background reminds me of my long gone friend that carried his stuff in a pack basket when we were ice fishing. I inherited his trapping equipment when he passed away including the pack basket. I need to find his daughter and get the basket back to her so it can get passed on to a family member.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #14950 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Snowing out this morning. Looks like we got about a 1” so far. My wife set everything up so I don’t have to leave the porch to take our dachshund out. I’m very lucky to have her. A lot of people have told my wife they wouldn’t have stayed.

Mason Eddie i’m Sorry you had to cancel.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
IF45, some people need to remember their wedding vows, the part that reads 'For better or for worse' comes to mind !! My wife has stuck by me through some pretty difficult times, God love her!! Hang in there buddy!!  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14951 on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:15 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

We came back yesterday afternoon from our ride over to Winnebago. We had a very good time and the people we encountered were all first rate :thumbsup: My wife should have been a newspaper reporter as she was right there to grill the successful fisherman. The s-i-l and I just laughed as we listened to her get the story of the harvest.  We spent a good part of the day at one of the main landings watching the registration process. As it turned out we picked the right spot as 15 fish made it to the scale.

The biggest fish was 78 pounds for the day, most turned out to be males in the 30lb– 40lb range. Some came into decoys, while others went through on the bottom. One just came from under the ice and scared the bajeezers out of the spearer :woot:

Of course there is a big controversy among the participants as to the use of cameras. Many fish catch a spear that is blindly thrown as the spearer noticed the fish on his camera. The water clarity is poor with 6’-8’ feet being the limit. Half of the lake due to run off was worse than the other half but cameras allowed spearers a chance in depths up to 20 feet. Many claim it’s not fair and want to see them banned. We heard some spirited conversations in the bar on the subject  :whistle:

12,000+ bought a license to join in on the 16 day possible season. No one ever really knows how long it will last for as soon as the quotas are met the season is over. The DNR is on the spot to get the fish registered, weighed and take a measurement.  They cut a bone out by one of the fins that acts similar to a tree, each season it gets another ring. They said it is the most accurate way to age the fish. We took a lot of pictures but I will only post a few.

Here is a chart to help explain the age of the fish based on length

The first one of the day happened to be the biggest. It weighed in at 78 pounds and was a nice looking female. The guy had brought his little boy to the house with him. He opened the hole and in just 20 minutes the sturgeon came through and he speared it. The little guy was beyond excited.

My favorite was a young guy that talked his 91 year old Grandpa into coming out. The grandpa was as wound up as the little boy and he told me the story at least 3 times as to how the fish came through and how he speared it. It was Fantastic :thumbsup: 

One guy speared his after 12 years of trying

It sure would be fun to take in a season over there but if I did I would probably go the guide route just because they have all the equipment. The lake is good size and it has all the normal hazards of a big lake with cracks and pressure ridges. When we were there a pickup went down and things were a little tense for awhile. Luckily the guy made it out but he had to find someone to fetch the truck out. I heard it's $500 for every day it's in the lake. It's $500 to get a company on site and $500 an hour after that. Then the DNR gets another $500 to check the lake for pollution. Word is insurance pays little to nothing for the removal and of course when it's all done, in the case of the guy that went in, he had only made a few payments on the truck. The success rate for spearing one is around 17%, no wonder many have never gotten one. Here is a quick video from where we were

Hope you all have an excellent evening :thumbsup: Stay safe!

Tomorrow morning bright and early I am going in for an MRI. Wish me luck! I hope they can see what's causing all the muscle spasms ???

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14952 on: Feb 18, 2019, 05:52 PM »
WS.....good luck tomorrow sir 🍀 hope they can figure out the problem soon 😉 thanks for sharing your weekend adventure with us !!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14953 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Marv X2 on the MRI
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14954 on: Feb 19, 2019, 01:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Windy with some snow showers 12* this am, high of 22 here today.

Marv...best of luck to you this morning with the MRI Sir!  :thumbsup:  Excellent pictures and great job on sharing your trip and sturgeon adventure with us all. Sure would be great cheering you on if you entered that contest next year...  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  H2...safe travels today to and from the City, hope everything goes well for your wife! Best wishes sent!  :thumbsup:

Early start with the hammer crew this am, looking forward to the early quit....late on the rise this am.
  Will catch up to you all this afternoon! Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14955 on: Feb 19, 2019, 03:47 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's -9* and clear here on my hill this morning with a high of 21* expected. ::) There was a Snow moon out last night, you could go
                     any where with out a flashlight. :woot:
                              Eddie........I think they have you guys come to work earlier each time you have an early start. ???
                              Marv.........Good luck with the MRI, I hope it reveals the problem. :unsure:
                              H2L..........Have a safe trip to the city today. :flex:
                              Wally........Enjoy your three day trip. :thumbsup:
                              Bud..........I n watching the news of cars in a 20 car pile up in the past snow storm, all these people have 4 wheel drive in accidents. They
                     don't know enough to slow down, 4 wheel drive gets you going but doesn't help you stop. ::)
                             I-45..........Like OS said for better or for worse. those who said why is she still around don't understand, you are better off together through
                     this than apart. :flex:
                            Yesterday we got 4" of snow, my mechanic friend called me last night because I haven't stopped in the shop for a while. He forgot about my
                     surgery, well anyway he's stopping by to\this morning on his way to work and plow my driveway, I have some great friends, I owe them all big time. :bow:
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the ice doing what we do best......fish!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14956 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:03 AM »
A nice? -4* this morning. Why do we have to put a name on a full moon now. Just like they now have to name a snow storm now. I guess some one is getting paid to put a name things. The only storm I remember having a name put on it was the Blizzard of 78. Actually should be Blizzards as my boys only went to school 6 days in January. That is the only time I can remember having the National Guard coming to help dig us out. We just waited for the county to get the roads plowed.

The sun being high in the sky sure helped yesterday. I was able to get the ice off of the parking area yesterday that has been their for a long time. I set the blower in the sun so I did not have to run a heater to keep the second stage from freezing.

WS Hopefully you are not clostrophobic (sp).  I did not realize I was until I went for my first of many MRI's. I now take a some drugs to get through them. Maybe this will find the problem.

IW Your friend helping you out by plowing for you is the way the world should be. I am sure when you get back on your feet, shoulder, you will pay it back to some one.
So many think that since they have 4wd they are invicable. If you get stuck with 4wd you are just stucker. They do not stop any better either.

WS Thanks for the pictures of the sturgeon at Winny. Though we only have a very limited spearing season for them on one lake, There is an open water season on one of the rivers on the east side of the state. It might be the Detroit river. There are quite a few caught, a lot of them are released.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14957 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Cold out this morning. My wife is home today so I got to go to Mass this morning.

Hunts2long I hope you have a safe trip this morning.

Whopper Stopper good luck with the MRI. Those pictures are great. Thank you for sharing.

OS unfortunately in our society wedding vows these days don’t mean anything. One woman told my wife she would have left me because it would have affected her credit score.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one on the ice or whatever their up to today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14958 on: Feb 19, 2019, 08:11 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....hope your cold is becoming a thing of the past  ;)   these early wake ups probably aren't helping too much to keep your immunity high  ::)

IW.....always a great thing to have friends you can count on when you're less than 100%  :bow: :thumbsup:  I'm sure you have done the same for them  :flex: :clap:

IF45.....lucky for you you married an  :angel :thumbsup:

TT.....the guys that did the play were locals performing in a small hometown type theater, not any big touring group  :)  try a search of local theaters in your area, maybe some other group is doing the show too  ;)   some people with 4wd vehicles seem to think they're untouchable  :cookoo:  nothing helps much on ice except to SLOW DOWN  :whistle:

H2L.....fingers crossed your time on the road is uneventful and all reports are  :thumbsup: for MrsH   :woot:

Looks like Mother Nature found out our plans......20-30 mph winds on Thursday  :%$#!:  guess we'll just have to stay hunkered down in the shanty and  :icefish: w/o putting out any  :tipup:  tomorrow and Friday are still looking pretty nice so we'll just make the most of it on those days  :flex:

Today is packing day, list in hand so hopefully nothing gets left at home  ::)   :roflmao:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14959 on: Feb 19, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Thanks for the good wishes :thumbsup:

The MRI is done and now to wait for the diagnosis. A few years ago I had to have an MRI on my arm. I never realized that I was claustrophobic until I was put in the tube. I made it through but it was touch and go. This time I told the tech that I wasn't sure if I would have problems or not, but my Dr. had told me my head would be sticking out so I should be fine. She said she hated to break the news but I would be inside and not poking out she was wondering what I thought ??? It actually went well as I had head phones with choice of music and the lady talked to me a few times while it was hammering away. They said I should know by the end of the day, within 24 hours for sure. I sure hope they find something.

Eddie I hope you are feeling a little better :thumbsup:

TT it was interesting visiting with people at the sturgeon spearing festival. One guy said he was on like year 20 and still hadn't seen a fish. One big family had 18 houses out to accommodate the family. Many had years, and years of keeping the tradition alive. I was almost wishing a few protesters showed up, I think they would have been met with a dastardly demise :whistle:

I am off to get my Class A CDL renewed. It sounds like there are a few new hoops to jump through but I will get through it. They say you need a proof of residency, either a bill or birth certificate. What good would a berth certificate be proving where I live ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14960 on: Feb 19, 2019, 09:35 AM »
Good morning sunny and blue skies light wind currently have not checked on temperature. Received a light coating of snow Sunday night into Monday morning. My sister visited on Sunday and help me hang a couple paintings and photos that i had brought from the house. The paintings have sentimental value done by my paternal great grandfather.
OldSailor good to hear Annie and Gandolf have settled in nicely with you and your wife. Thanks to both of you for rescuing them from a shelter.
Lil Maggot congrats on the trout,be careful on any future trips if not good if you are seeing honey combed ice. Also curious see you responded to Mofish's post Gone Squatchin what is the story about this subject.
Eddie hope you are over the cold.Sorry you had to cancel Monday's fishing trip glad you were able to get out on Saturday and caught one laker.
Icefisher-45 things have changed and many people are ready to end a marriage when things get bad nowadays. glad you married a good women who is sticking by you during this difficult time.
Ice Wanderer nice to have good friends once you have completed rehab and weather warms up maybe you can have people over for a cook out/picnic. I did not realize you would be wearing a sling for so long.
Wallyworld happy your new dishwasher is installed hope it is not a long trip from your house to Lowes. The Olympic museum in Lake Placid is interesting something to see how bobsled design has evolved over the years. I was surprised at how little seating there is at the ice rink. Have a safe and good trip remember to double check the ice anchors and other shanty securing items are packed.
IFF do you think the low tire pressure on "Fat Bikes" makes the tire more easy to puncture. Glad you made it home safely through the white out.
Hunts2long hope today is not to long between trip to and from NYC and time spent at the hospital. All the best to your wife. Nice your daughter and Rocky came to visit.
Tom Turkey not sure where naming Winter storms and full moons originated know at one time only hurricanes were named and then only female names before the PC era of today. Enjoy the steaks whenever the weather allows you to use the grill.
Whopper Stopper thanks for the photos and trip report,you and others may have seen thread/post titled "One that did not get Away" with video of a 120 pounds sturgeon being caught while ice fishing. I did a search for it yesterday with no luck finding it. May the MRI results give info. on what is causing your back spasms.

I agree about 4wd not helping you stop slower speeds and keeping more distance between vehicles in my opinion is a must when driving on slippery Winter roadways.  Stay safe and have a good day. Best to the Wallyworld's and others fishing this week.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14961 on: Feb 19, 2019, 03:51 PM »
Afternoon All,
  Hope you all have had an enjoyable day so far!  :thumbsup: 

Jeff...the Snow Moon was absolutely brilliant last evening! The solunar tables had a high rating yesterday for the fishing late afternoon...never seemed to do well on a full moon, yesterday afternoon was no different!   ;D.  That was darn nice of your mechanic friend to swing by and take care of you....good man!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...best of luck and safe travels to you and Mr.WW tomorrow!! Will be looking for updates if possible, hope Mother Nature cooperates!  :thumbsup:   Are you heading to Ontario?
  Marv...glad everything went pretty well with the MRI, have heard several people mention the same thing about not knowing they were claustrophobic until they were in the machine. Hope the results are favorable on pinpointing the problem...best wishes Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...I’m sure your great grandfather is smiling down upon you...nice job!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...wow, believe that woman making the comment failed miserably on the compassion and sympathy tests. Let her go hug her credit score, and you go give that strong wife of yours one from all of us!  :thumbsup: 
  Tom...I’m not sure why they name the moons, but Snow Moon was a good one here last night!   ;D   :thumbsup:
  H2...hope all went well today for your wife!   :thumbsup:

Around 9:30 yesterday morning, I got the itch to say screw the snow and my cold...I wanted to spend some time with my son as planned. So I shot him a text and asked if he was still up for some fishing. He replied back immediately, so I loaded up the gear and picked him up within an hour.
  We drove towards Cooperstown to fish a spot I’ve been anxious to hit on Otsego Lake. We arrived right about noon and had the whole afternoon anyway. The drag out wasn’t awful bad, and we set up on 80-100’ for Lakers. The snow showers never let up, very fine, blowing sideways from the steady 10-15mph. winds...but the shanty was toasty warm inside and the Yuengling was ice cold!   ;D
  I held off on setting tipups for a little while and started jigging. Believe Steve was just getting ready to set his 3rd tipup when I see a mark on the finder at 75’. I dropped down and that Laker came launching up like a rocket and the chase began...set the hook on him at around 40’ up. Yelled out to Steve, fish on! He was like...what? He came trotting back to the shanty as I pulled it through, just a 20 incher with a lot of spunk. Started off good... :thumbsup:
  For the next few hours we both had some chasers, missed one, but the action was very slow. We never did get a flag, had 7 tipups out at variable depths. So much for the hot afternoon/evening bite the Solunar Tables were showing, lol, but we had fun, and we salvaged a trip that wasn’t going to be...and that works for us!   :thumbsup:
  We picked up at 5pm as planned, and as Steve was picking up a tipup, he said Dad, I’ve got one on! Pulled an 18’’er out of the hole...it never tripped the flag, lol.
  So, that’s how it ended...we tied with one apiece...both released after a picture and a high five to hopefully grow bigger and give the same enjoyment to us or some other guy and his son on a snowy afternoon.   ;D
  Have a great evening folks!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14962 on: Feb 19, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Great story Eddie, thanks for sharing  :clap: :thumbsup:  glad you and your son got to spend the afternoon together and managed a couple fish to boot  :icefish: :bow:
we're going to be on Chaumont Bay, hope some of those monster eyes want to have their pictures taken  ;)2  :woot: 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14963 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:50 PM »
Eddie great recap on your fish outing , Thanks for sharing  :clap: :clap:

WW best of luck to you and Mr WW  :icefish: Don't forget the camera and be sure to smile ;D

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14964 on: Feb 19, 2019, 07:56 PM »
Steve I don't think so, but now I know what to avoid, like the close to the ground cactus  :nono: :nono: I see grows off the paved path.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14965 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  10* with just a slight NW wind this am, high of 27 today with some snow showers again this afternoon. Think I saw Mr.C out in the hallway, Morning Steve!

Bud...where else but here would anyone hear about a cactus being an issue with ice fishing gear? Gotta love it...and watch out for it next trip!!  :clap:  :icefish:
  Wally...have a great time, safe travels, hope you find those monster eyes this trip...best of luck!!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...crossing fingers you got some good news yesterday on the MRI... :thumbsup:

Looks like the 9:45 thread will hit another milestone this morning, page 500 will be coming up! :clap:   
  Another  :thumbsup: to Dom for starting up this thread...its come a long way without a pad lock!   ;D. Thank You!
  Cawfee’s on...cinnamon buns under the dome to celebrate this am, help yourself!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14966 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:29 AM »
Good morning Eddie,fellow 9:45ers. Eddie good to hear you felt well enough to get a fishing trip in with your son. I would check out the tipup laker was caught on and try to see why it did not trip the flag.
IFF guess those cactus needles/spines would puncture a tire.
Wallyworld once again have a safe trip and may you find some hungry walleyes.

Everyone have a good Wednesday.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14967 on: Feb 20, 2019, 03:26 AM »
Morning all,

Going to be hitting the road in a few, just wanted to say good morning first  ;)2   :icefish:  :tipup:  :icefish:  :tipup:  :icefish:  :tipup:  :icefish:

Have a good rest of your week. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14968 on: Feb 20, 2019, 04:23 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Steve, Wally, ER's,
                              It's 5* and clear here on my hill, snow later today. ???
                              Eddie..........I'm glad you a Steven got out, sometimes those last minute trips are the best. I've had the same thing happen to me,
                     a Lake comes up from underneath a grabs your bait without tripping the flag and just sits there in it;s mouth. :whistle:
                             Wally have  a safe trip. :thumbsup:
                             Steve..........The Dr. said a long time ago that I'd be laid up a while. A fellow member Mike 304 had his done 2 weeks before mine and
                     his Dr. told him 6 weeks and I read it on Webb MD as well. :blink:
                             Bud.............Beware of the cacti. lol :roflmao:
                             I go to the VA this morning for my first follow up after surgery, stitches will come out and I'm sure I will get the low down of do's and don'ts.
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day, either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14969 on: Feb 20, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

The snow is starting and another 8" expected by tonight.

My wife is going to get a room tonight by her work. She called the GM of the hotel chain they are associated with and asked him if there were any rooms available and he set her up with one. She is getting tired of the long commutes and tonight promises to be a rough one.

No word on my MRI yesterday so I should today.

WW best of luck on your fishing adventure :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you and the boys have a good hump day :thumbsup:

IW best of luck at the VA :thumbsup:

Time to get my wife to the bus.

Hope everyone has  an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.