Author Topic: Can any tell me ...  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
Can any tell me ...
« on: Jan 09, 2021, 08:39 PM »
When cheifs bait shop opens in the morning ? The one in hwy 10 jsut west of 41 in lakevillage . There web site only give hours for Michigan city . Thanks for any info

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Can any tell me ...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2021, 08:41 PM »
If you’re talkin bout the one next to the gas station I’m pretty sure its gone last year or this year
"It aint how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2021, 08:52 PM »
Ya that's the one. Hell it hasn't been there long. There website is still showing it as a location. bat wouldn't be suprised

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2021, 08:57 PM »
Yep, definitely closed. I fish up there on the Kankakee by 41 all the time in the summer and never saw it open at all this year in the 30-40 times I drove by.

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:00 PM »
Same here I dont go as much as I’d like but it didnt last long I get mine at the next gas station south on 41 a grumpy old man he should have waxies worms and minnows but thats about it
"It aint how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:02 PM »
And his health isnt the greatest so he may not be open either hate for you to count on that

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:06 PM »
Well not sure sucks, I will try the old grumpy man on 41 I'm kind of going that way. The only one open before 8:00 a.m. is sleeves in lake station. Thanks for the fast replies fellas . I'm headed up to calumet river in the morning for the first time with a good friend for some perch hopefully we can find some minnows and some hungry perch !!

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:40 PM »
Im jelly haha have no idea how early he opens up but i do know slez in lake station is open at 5am everyday of the year may have to ring the bell most reliable bait shop in nw indiana good luck and tight lines! 

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:44 PM »
Well not sure sucks, I will try the old grumpy man on 41 I'm kind of going that way. The only one open before 8:00 a.m. is sleeves in lake station. Thanks for the fast replies fellas . I'm headed up to calumet river in the morning for the first time with a good friend for some perch hopefully we can find some minnows and some hungry perch !!
Good luck If they are around I know you will score. Pics are a blessing. Haven't been up that way in a few years. Used to fish from the shore on 92 and 95. Constant action but the size never was great. The smaller ones are the best eating in my book anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:39 PM »
Ya we ended up going to slez's . Got on the water at 8 am, very tough bite today ! Realy had to work at them today . Put the boat on the trailer at 230 and ended up with 28 .no hogs but good eaters ! And they never made it to the freezer . We ate every bit of them for dinner !!! All in all great day to be on the water doing what I love and with a good friend.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:46 PM »
Well done, bet they were delicious!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:49 PM »
Well done, bet they were delicious!

Thank you , oh yes .does not get much better in my book . I love lake perch with some good tatar sauce

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wandering the Ice somewhere
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:32 PM »
Bet those ate very nicely.

Did that once fishing burnham harbor ice, those perch hit the pan once cleaned and boy were they good.  Always nice to have some in the freezer, but when your hungry............that's the way to go.
If a man can't laugh at himself....he leaves the job to others

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:58 PM »
Bet those ate very nicely.

Did that once fishing burnham harbor ice, those perch hit the pan once cleaned and boy were they good.  Always nice to have some in the freezer, but when your hungry............that's the way to go.

Yeah I've got a few meals left in the freezer as well from over the summer but to me there's nothing like cold water crappie or perch. And you can't get much fresher

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.