Author Topic: Review on Garmin Extra Large Carry Bag and Base  (Read 8937 times)

Offline GenaVorn

• IceShanty Rookie
Review on Garmin Extra Large Carry Bag and Base
« on: Dec 19, 2019, 10:19 PM »
Needed bag for my Livescope kit bought Summit Shuttle , but can't decided which bag to get... Read article here and finally decided to get one .Ordered one yesterday and receive it today . Very impressed with quality and functionality of the base and bag .This kit  designed for panoptix or livescope kits  . You need nothing else  to complete the kit . One word -Best buy ..!On the picture 18 Amp battery inside of the base.  If you need base and bag don't think twice . Got this for $113 Shipped .Here is a pictures :

Offline fatty crusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Review on Garmin Extra Large Carry Bag and Base
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:11 PM »
I couldn't agree more. I opted for just the case and added my 20ah lithium battery for saving a little on weight. Quite a nice system and the functionality of the case is all there. Seems like way to much extra wire for the ducer in there though.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2019, 05:08 AM »
Ditto...

Great review and photos.  Thank you!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline GenaVorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2019, 09:02 PM »
Thank you Gunflint for originally introducing this bag to iceshanty  forum .

Offline ojibwa6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2019, 09:23 PM »
 where did you order your bag from ?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Thank you Gunflint for originally introducing this bag to iceshanty  forum .

You're very welcome.

I finally get to try mine for real this week!
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2019, 09:54 AM »
where did you order your bag from ?

It looks like he bought it from GPS4US website. 

I need a bag also, was looking at the Summit Ice Fishing bag, but they are sold out.  Summit's bag was only $50, but I like the handle on the Garmin bag much better.  The Summit bag doesn't look to have a handle, just a strap.  When on the search for fish, Garmin's bag looks more transportable. 

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2019, 09:56 AM »
It looks like he bought it from GPS4US website. 

I need a bag also, was looking at the Summit Ice Fishing bag, but they are sold out.  Summit's bag was only $50, but I like the handle on the Garmin bag much better.  The Summit bag doesn't look to have a handle, just a strap.  When on the search for fish, Garmin's bag looks more transportable.

The Garmin  base is very solid and there are some great and grippy rubber feet to hold it in place on the bottom. I have not seen the Summit bag.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2020, 03:01 PM »
GenaVorn, you had me scratching my head a little here.  Why did you buy the Summit shuttle and the Garmin bag and base?  I had the Summit shuttle, and also bought the garmin bag and base.  Well, the garmin "base" is the shuttle.  Now I'll have to return the Summit shuttle.  Oh well, saved me a hundred bucks anyhow. 

Garmin bag and base, cost me $131

Summit shuttle and summit bag, would be $150.  Summit does have two attachments that you can buy also, an arm to hold the pole, and a glow cup. 

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2020, 09:20 PM »
YKK Zippers?
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2020, 11:00 PM »
I am in the same situation. Bought Summit shuttle, but no bag available. Been asking and searching for bag for easy transporting and hole hopping. Watched video on Youtube on Reeds Livescope bundle. Looked like a good setup. Genavorn- where did you order from? The only place I could find base and bag was Reeds at $129.

Offline GenaVorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2020, 08:30 AM »
I bought it from GPS4US website.Looks like they out of it until 01/07/2020.My 18 Amp battery fit perfectly. Very compact and technically  thoughtful set up . On the picture I didn't show that bag is opening from the front and from the back for easy battery access.Somebody was really thinking when making this set. I think the whole problem is  either to look for somethings is  going to Fit  your build  or use it what was made especially for  certain thing . I think the choice is obvious when you'll see it ..

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2020, 11:48 PM »
Thanks GenaVorn! Looks good! ;D

Offline veedo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 06:29 AM »
Starting to put together my portable panoptix setup, and exploring different shuttle/bag options.  Does anyone know if this bag is the same as what comes with garmins non livescope panoptix kit?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.