Author Topic: Team Idaho  (Read 4707 times)

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
Team Idaho
« on: Mar 20, 2008, 06:10 PM »
All right it's time to step up! Let's get get a Team Idaho up and ready for next year! Looking at some of the picts from this year I think we'll dominate over the field, maybe not Walleye,pickerel or burbot, but we stand a chance at kickin butt at everything else. You gotta commit, there nothing else to do in the winter.
John :tipup:

Offline moski

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Team Idaho
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:25 PM »
sounds like a challenge!  :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2008, 10:07 AM »
Tell me about it?      What do we need to do?

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2008, 05:30 PM »
Well all we have to do is just enter the tournament and the state team competition is just on the side, for bragging rights. We have nine months to rally the natives. I have a good feeling it's gonna be a cold cold winter next year so that the big lakes will freeze  and the fishing will be just phenominal! Wishful thinking but it will be fun anyway. ;D

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Also, we have to put the pressure on Wyoming. :tipup:

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2008, 09:00 AM »
Im game.   How does it work?     I have two buddies I may be able to recruit also.......

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2008, 10:32 AM »
i'm in too, but we also have to pressure Montana, i have a friend who lives there and he catches them when no one else is.
 p.s. any one else in SE idaho area, (pocatello, blackfoot, idaho falls?)

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2008, 10:27 AM »
I'm in also I think that this is a great idea.  Idaho has some awesome ice fishing and we have a long season.  I am from SE Idaho, and have been fishing the upper valley my entire life

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Count me in! Anyone wanna meet me up to Palisades the year and try out my new Humminbird ICE-55 flasher?

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 21, 2008, 10:35 PM »
maybe, but this year i'm getting kinda short on time, i'll do what i can for bass trout and panfish.

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2008, 05:59 AM »
I suppose you can put me, my two grandkids, X-67 Ice machine, and BAT approved RS Venture in on this but does it count for team Spud or team Wyoming when we dredge up spotted monsters from Jackson or Fremont?

Offline CuttemJack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2008, 10:08 PM »
Count me in! Anyone wanna meet me up to Palisades the year and try out my new Humminbird ICE-55 flasher?

Did you get that Hummingbird out at all last year? If so, how did you like it? I have not fished Palisades but would love to get out and check out your new toy sometime this year.
A flasher is an awesome tool!! I wouldn't go without one.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2008, 10:58 PM »
I have not used it this year but i talked to a couple of guys from Canada that has used them and they said it kicked major azz! Ive been doing a lot of research on this unit and all the feedback has been superior! I fished with a guy that uses a vexilar last winter on Palisades and it did the job and we generally limited out in an hour or two every time we went. The vexilar is a pretty good unit but to put things in simple language the Vexilar has 700 watts peak to peak power and the Humminbird units have 2400 watts peak to peak power. I can't wait to try it out!

Offline CuttemJack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 23, 2008, 10:49 PM »
I would love to see it in action. I have fished with a buddy who has the FL-18 and it was an awesome unit. I have the Marcum VX1 and I have really loved it. I am still getting used to getting it set up to run at different depths to run at it's optimum. We have ran the Vexilar and the Marcum side by side in the same tent out on Ririe and they both worked peachy!! The only Hummingbird I have seen was a very old one. I would like to see the newer model. Sounds like you have a great new toy!!
I hear of some nice lake trout being taken on Palisades a couple weeks ago. It shouldn't be long till ice now.

Offline Prophet5150

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2008, 11:32 PM »
Ill be in too!! if we even get ice here (so. central) my dad was at Salmon dam last thursday fishing off of the bank in just a long sleeve shirt and not even a trace of ice  :(. Hopefully Magic Res. is starting to freeze!!

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2008, 11:36 PM »
anybody got an underwater camera?

Offline FISHING_ID

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2009, 04:16 PM »
Very new to the sport, but fish with a buddy from Western New York and we punded quiet a few fish this last weekend, and now im hooked, came across this site, and saw this here TEAM, sign us up.. and another thing, were both new to ID any ice fishing tourneys besides the online one through the forum??

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:18 AM »
Minus 31F here in Driggs, Idaho this morning with a wind chill near minus 48F. This should harden things up eh boys????

Offline rjangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2009, 09:42 PM »
Custer County is Represented!!!

...But Im chasing early ice on Majic this weekend....Word is 3" on the west end.

Im still  not clear on how "we" participate with Team ID

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:07 AM »
Has everyone signed up for the tourny?  I would love to see another state record pike come through the ice and one of us Spud heads kick some Kanuck A$$.  

Some one needs to tell the good Ol boys down there on Hayden to figure out there computers and sign up before the new year.

There will be a big girl come out of there again this year.

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 23, 2009, 10:49 AM »
JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TO GET IN THIS TOURNY, WHEN AND WHERE

Offline Ouzel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:01 AM »
JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TO GET IN THIS TOURNY, WHEN AND WHERE

Type the following in or C&P to your browser, or go to top of community board and open link.
Turn off caps, read rules and sign in as per rules. Check back to make sure you are signed in, funny things go on in IS cyberspace.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=121724.0

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:21 AM »
How do you know if your registered or not?  Will you get a PM?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.