Author Topic: T-minus 4 months (ish)  (Read 1535 times)

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
T-minus 4 months (ish)
« on: Aug 24, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Looks like I got extended here in the big ole sandbox on the other side of the pond but I should be back right around New Years to freeze my buns off chasin perch.  Look forward to running into some familiar faces out there.....fingers crossed for some CJ ice again.

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: T-minus 4 months (ish)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2013, 07:07 PM »
On a side note I have no idea how I will handle going from triple digit heat to Idaho/NoDak winter in less than 24 hours.  Probably gonna be pretty rough

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2013, 11:39 AM »
its been pretty hot here this summer... alot of triple digits, not like there thou, been there done that.... and it sucks.... you will have too extend your ice fishing this coming season, sdhuntnfish is going too have a semi-weekly ice tourney/league, check it out on Big fish tackle
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2013, 07:21 PM »
Its actually "winter" where I am at, meaning its stupid windy and only 80 degrees instead of 120 like it will be in again in a few weeks. 

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2013, 12:34 PM »
Hope the remaining months go by in a hurry for you. Walleye fishing was great here in Utah this summer, we also spent 7 days back home at Dad's cabin in Northern Wis. over the 4th. Caught alot of large mouth bass along with a few small mouth and walleye. I'm hoping C.J. freezes over again this year strong enough to ice fish it, that doesn't happen too often. I will be up there a time or two this fall when the geese arrive. Wife killed a nice fat cow elk on our archery hunt here a week or so ago. Next hunt will be an antelope hunt in WY. for her and I the middle of Oct. then back to WY. again the first part of Nov. for our deer hunt. Maybe we will run into you someplace on the ice this winter, thanks again for your service to our country, God Bless.  :thumbsup:

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2013, 10:44 AM »
Hope the remaining months go by in a hurry for you. Walleye fishing was great here in Utah this summer, we also spent 7 days back home at Dad's cabin in Northern Wis. over the 4th. Caught alot of large mouth bass along with a few small mouth and walleye. I'm hoping C.J. freezes over again this year strong enough to ice fish it, that doesn't happen too often. I will be up there a time or two this fall when the geese arrive. Wife killed a nice fat cow elk on our archery hunt here a week or so ago. Next hunt will be an antelope hunt in WY. for her and I the middle of Oct. then back to WY. again the first part of Nov. for our deer hunt. Maybe we will run into you someplace on the ice this winter, thanks again for your service to our country, God Bless.  :thumbsup:

you and your wife hunt just as my wife and I.... sounds like we need too get too know each other..... I got a deer and elk with my bow last week, went too wyoming on the opener and our fam. got 5 antelope, now its time for my wife's deer and elk hunt here with the rifle...... good luck on the rest of your season....
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2013, 07:17 AM »
The wife is from Grandview and grew up in a family that hunted and fished alot. Her and I use to spend alot of time on CJ back in the early 70's when we lived in Grandview. I would like to meet you, maybe if CJ freezes again this year. Good luck on the rest of your hunts as well. We had a great time in WY. for our buck antelope but we didn't kill anything big. We are headed back up with our daughters next week for our deer hunt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.