Author Topic: fishing so east idaho  (Read 1714 times)

#oneicehole

fishing so east idaho
« on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:25 AM »
I have been out every weekend since first ice mostly fished  treasureton only have caught three keepers looking for different ways of catching the big ones any help would be nice

#oneicehole

Re: fishing so east idaho
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2012, 11:58 AM »
Also I am interested in fishing reports from all the lakes on the lower east side I am willing to share what I know also thanks guys

Offline solesoaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012, 07:10 PM »
weston and foster are VERY SLOW!!! 8-10 inches of ice same with winder, twin lakes is producing trout in the 17inch range  thats what I know, I did pick up a few perch out of twin lakes in the 12inch range with a rattle spoon. thats all I know
what did the fish say when he ran into a brick wall?

Offline solesoaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2012, 12:15 AM »
I need someoone to do my job over the weekend so I can fish, any takers?

#oneicehole

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:15 AM »
I will not do your job for u but I will fish for u where would you go I'm thinking twin or treasureton what do you think I have been waiting to get out since last sun

Offline TAIL-CHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Solesoaker

What Oxford lake do you fish.  I tried fishing #2, I think, years ago with little success. What have you been catching at Oxford when you go?

Offline cpierce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:31 PM »
SoleSoaker,

I am also curious if you are catching anything besides trout at Winder.???  Thanks!

Offline solesoaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2012, 10:23 PM »
oxford, it has been maybe 5 or 6 years since I have fished it,(that's why I said for the  of it) it was summer time and I don't remember more than one pond, but who knows it's been a long time since I have been there, and as far as winder, I fished it for 4 hours the day before Xmas and came up with one trout, same with foster and glendale, same day same amount of time, drilled about 30 or so holes in each places and never found much of anything, when it comes to ice fishing I tend not to stay in one spot very long, if I get nothing I move until I start hitting fish, I don't see much point in dead sticking until you know your on top of the fish, if  you have a flasher, keep drilling and dipping until you find them, then it's on

#oneicehole

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2012, 10:59 PM »
Tried twin lakes today it was slow ice is sketchy round the island and the edges golng  back to try treasureton tomorrowearly then try condie to see whats up there .Winder has bass blue gill trout and  perch as someone was asking about in a earlier post last year  caught a lot of little perch through the ice last summer caught small blue gill almost every cast  was great for my kids.can any one give me any tips on catching perch I would appreciate any  comments thanks

Offline TAIL-CHASER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:49 AM »
I went to Alexander yesterday it was slow. I caught 1 small planter trout. The ice was good and 15".

Offline solesoaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:20 PM »
made it out to twin lakes, 4 hours and 20+mph winds drilled 20+ holes and got 1 hit on an emerald shiner that's it, hit the south lake back in the cove and worked my way to the dam stay about 30 yards from the bank, ice varied from 4inches to 8inches every time I drilled a hole I was watching the ice crack around me, and water pooring out of the holes, I hope this next week we get a good freeze and add some inches to the ice and fishing picks up

#oneicehole

« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:04 AM »
I was able to make it out on sunday afternoon to try condie for the first time through the ice.I was glad to see the ice was 10  12  in thick and the edges were solid.I was able to catch five small perch jigging and also a 15 in large mouth even though the wind tried to blow me over.To bad bass have to be 20" to keep I will probably try again for bigger perch if it is still accessible after the storms

#oneicehole

« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:25 AM »
Has any one been out on any lake since all the rain? I was wondering how the ice held up.thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.