Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630421 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9300 on: Jul 09, 2017, 04:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It 59* and skies are clear here on my hill, looks like a nice day ahead! I didn't get to work on
                 my wood shed yesterday, we had showers in the morning then I had to pick up a door at Home Depot
                 for #2 son and when it finally cleared I would had been working in the sun so I put it off till this morning!
                          Bud.......I could never work retail, I would blow up at people the way they don't respect anything!
                 I'd tell them off if I saw them not putting anything back in it's right place! :%$#!:
                          Wally........Good job on breaking the curse, you two are sure persistent! :flex: :clap:
                          Marv........Did you and the girls stay the night at "The Shack"?
                          Eddie.......Being out in an aluminum boat could be dangerous in some of those thunder storms.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or wetting a line!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9301 on: Jul 09, 2017, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Bluebird skies and 57* this am, breezy with a high of 77 expected today.
  Jeff...good luck today with your project. Hope all the rains yesterday don't make a big muddy mess. Nice and cool to start the day off anyway...be careful with those 12 footers!!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..I'd be in the same boat as Jeff if I worked retail..must take the patience of a Saint to deal with some of the people! Congrats on the new bow! Hope we get a chance to read a " blinding light " shot taken on a big old Wapiti this season!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve..welcome back from your vacation! Glad to hear you got some fishing time in, way to go helping out the others...I believe in Karma as well. Must have been nice breathing in that salty air again... :thumbsup:
  OG...congrats on the garage sale yesterday..did the Otter sell?

Waiting for the sun to dry things up a bit and get my lawn back under control this am. Birthday party to go to this afternoon, doubt there will be any fishing time in between today.
  Going to take advantage of the cooler weather myself and go wash and wax the Chevy before the lawn chores begin....cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9302 on: Jul 09, 2017, 06:02 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....welcome home sir  :)  sorry you couldn't connect with any fish  :(   hope your return to work goes smoothly

IW....hope you're able to get your posts in this morning before the sun gets too high  @)

WS....how were things at the "shack"  ???  I'm sure the grass needed tending to again  :P  hope the fish were willing to play  ;D

Eddie.....same weather here yesterday, sun shining then a burst of rain then back to the sun   :wacko:

IFF....x2 on IW's comments, retail would not be for me  :pinch:  hope that new bow does the trick for you  ;)2

We are heading to Lake Erie for a few days, hoping to find some hungry walters cruising around  :roflmao:

Have a good day whatever you have planned. Stay safe.

See Eddie posted while I typed.....morning sir  :)  enjoy the party  :woot:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9303 on: Jul 09, 2017, 06:53 AM »
Good Morning ER's  nice to see WW broke the 5 fish curse. I had the 5 outing skunk debacle last season,self imposed for staying on shallow water late into the ice season. IW glad your brother is doing great on his progress. It's nice to see, hear what you have done for him. Bud good score on the bow. Mr. clean vacation went well thanks for the eatery info,who knows road trip for food and fishing. Eddie I'll have to read up on the special poor I'm a little behind the news here. The otter did sell at the garage sale for 150.00 and I gave a free 7 inch mora with blades and guard,2 ice rods and 10 jigs. Should be one more ice fisher in the Madison area now. A pocket of money and a GM roadtrip are on the docket today. I may be able to hit at least 5 stores. Last run scored PK's might have to start there. Have a good sunday to all.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9304 on: Jul 09, 2017, 07:55 AM »
OG....kudos on starting an ice fishing fanatic  :clap: :bow: awesome deal you gave him/her  :thumbsup: have fun spending that money  ;)2

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9305 on: Jul 09, 2017, 08:57 AM »
Good morning everyone, slept in a lot later then expected today. Up at 3 for work 6 days. Good to be back at work. Looks like its going to be a nice day. Wil be able to get some yard work done today. Hope everyone is having a good weekend and tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9306 on: Jul 09, 2017, 12:20 PM »
Good day everyone, thank you for the welcome back to 9:45 thread. I stopped by the store last night to get my schedule for this week see my hours were changed to grave yard shift my guess is the store is due for a visit from company hired to make sure store is up to company and state sanitation standards. So time to change my sleep patterns once again Also have a concern about one day when a new employee is scheduled to work morning shift I was told he was only available to work from 12PM to 8PM hope I'm wrong and schedule can stay as written.
IFF may the new bow and your archery skills get you a nice elk this fall. Just be carefull with using firearm to kill the rats. Your neighbors may get upset with you.
Icefisher-45 it is nice to sleep late every once in a while.
Wallyworld may you have a safe trip to Lake Erie and find some trophy walleyes.
Old Goat ditto on starting another member of the ice fishing community or helping a member add to his gear at a low cost.
Eddie thanks for the reminder I should take my vehicle to the car wash and get the salt off of it. Enjoy the birthday party.
Ice Wanderer may the weather allow you to work on your shed today. Hope the new door install with son #2 was trouble free .

Have a good afternoon best to all fishing .
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9307 on: Jul 10, 2017, 02:13 AM »
Good Morning everyone, coffee is on and diesel is running. Hope everyone had a great weekend and everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9308 on: Jul 10, 2017, 03:04 AM »
Good Morning 45! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Glad to see everyone had a good Sunday!  :thumbsup:

Eddie, hope you had a good time at the Birthday party. Did you get your lawn back in order?

IW, hope you had a good day working on the shed. Don’t go over doing it Sir!

Welcome home mr.clean! Glad you had a good vacation and had a chance to get out fishing :thumbsup:

WW, Good luck to you and the Mr on Lake Erie! Hope you find a bunch of willing biters! Don’t forget the camera! ;)

We had a fun time bass fishing by the shack. We had lots of bites but as usual the wife caught the most ;D  I stuck with the frog in the pads and it just wasn’t as good as she did with a spinner on the outer weed edge. None the less we had fun and made it back by mid afternoon. We stopped in and checked on the shack. It is very damp inside with all the rain that has been falling up there. One of these weekends we are going up there and making a fire inside to get things dried out.

Time to fire up the Buick and point it south. Late last night and early this morning some storms passed through, time will tell if there was any damage within the jungle ???

Good luck to all fishing! Stay safe

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9309 on: Jul 10, 2017, 03:27 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and clear with a big bright moon this am, 62* with a high of 81 here today.
  Hoping everyone had a wonderful weekend, sure seemed to go by fast.
  Marv...have a safe day in the jungle today Sir! Lawn is caught up less the weed whacking...today's chore! Sounds like a great time fishing, congrats to your wife on her catches, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  I-45... have a safe day Sir! Hope that shoulder is holding up well.   :thumbsup:
  Bud..good luck if you're heading to the reservoir...missed the Amelia Earhart story, was waiting to see that!   :%$#!:   Nice shot!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...that's too bad about the work schedule, can you request different hours?
  OG...congrats on the sale! Hope you cleaned up on some good Gander buys!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..best of luck to you and Mr.WW on your Erie trip, safe travels. Hope you can find some of those 10lb.'ers eager to bite! Looking forward to your posts... :thumbsup:
  Jeff..another nice day coming for your build! Hope you had a good day yesterday!   :thumbsup:

My crew will be back on marble this am, nice day for it. Tomorrows scheduled concrete pour isn't looking good weather wise right now, looks like rain returning....can't seem to string out many days without it.
  Failed to mention it, but the Mrs. and I celebrated our 33rd Anniversary on Saturday...time sure has gone by fast.
  Well, speaking of time, better get moving...cawfee's on I-45 this morning, drink up!!   ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9310 on: Jul 10, 2017, 03:39 AM »
Quote from: masoneddie link=topic=291520.msg3696067#msg3696067 date=1499675

[b
Failed to mention it, but the Mrs. and I celebrated our 33rd Anniversary on Saturday...time sure has gone by fast. [/b]

Congratulations Eddie to you and the Mrs! That is Awesome Sir! :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9311 on: Jul 10, 2017, 05:42 AM »

Good morning I-45, Marv, Eddie, ER's,
                     It's 58* and clear this morning on my hill, a high in the low 80's is expected today.
                     Eddie........Congratul ation on celebrating many years together. Good luck with the marble setting! :flex:
                     Marv.........Jo must be one heck of a fisherwoman to consistently beat you and Jen. I'm glad you had a good time
             at "The Shack" :clap:
                     Steve.........I don't understand the thinking of boss's don't the realize production goes down with shift changes.
             I'm glad you're back and that you had a good time down on the Jersey shore! :thumbsup:
                     Bud........I missed the Earnhardt story too, but I'm sure they will run it again!
                     Wally......Good luck if you're heading out this morning!
                     I got the other two post set yesterday, I had my wife help plumb and square them, she has never done that
            before, she couldn't get a grasp on why it was so important to be so precise, I showed her what it would look like
            if it was of 1/4 inch, now she has the idea! Today I'm going to put boarder boards around the bottom and fill full of
            stone!
                     I hope everyone has a good Monday, the start of a new work week, if you're out fishing have a good trip!

IW

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9312 on: Jul 10, 2017, 07:39 AM »
They did not have all of the power on last night from last weeks storm. Raining pretty hard in the southern part of the state right now.

IW
Who ever built the decks on this place had no idea what square was. The big one is ridiculous. The front one was 3 inches longer against the house than the toward the road. I fixed that when I enlarged it.

IFF
I caught two more chippies in my weasel box on Saturday. None yesterday as I spent the day loading brush on my trailer. Then I cut a bunch more that was over taking our lot from the vacant lot out back. Hopefully I can get it all on the trailer so I can take it all to my burn pile in one load.

WS
Don't let that dampness in the shack go long enough that it turns into that musty smell. We have a house for sale behind us that I am sure has that nasty smell as it has been closed up for years.  It has set with the walk out basement windows open since the snow went off. If it smells like I think it does they are going to have a hard time selling it.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9313 on: Jul 10, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Good Morning Crew, see 4 regulars to 9:45 when I signed on, No fishing today,  Someone forgot to plug the on board chargers in  ::) :whistle: Got a few honey-do items on the list so best get at least one out of the way.

Some years we have had lots of millers, this seems to be the year of spiders, can see lots of webs floating in the early sunlight. 

Might as well get at anything outside as its still morning fresh temp of 66*, before it goes zooming into the 90's

Great day to all.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9314 on: Jul 11, 2017, 01:59 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like it's going to be a rainy day. Hope everyone has a great day. :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9315 on: Jul 11, 2017, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning 45, Eddie (I see you see you Sir!) Good Morning Everyone :bow:

176 Guests, 2 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:
Whopper Stopper, masoneddie

A steam bath is on the way with more storm chances tonight. We have 2 bigger jobs to bang out before we melt although the one is at a college so we will take our time :whistle:

Yesterday was almost spooky quiet on the crew, I think they all had a rough weekend. Today a new guy starts, the boss's kids best friend. Gee I wonder how that will go ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9316 on: Jul 11, 2017, 03:28 AM »
Good Morning ER's   Think I will make a bow press, just for grins.  or at least a bow cradle.  Got up to check if we got any rain this evening, but for now its back to my pillow.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9317 on: Jul 11, 2017, 03:39 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Light rain falling and 65*, high of 81 today. Weather guessers saying the rains should be done falling by the 6am start this morning...hope they're correct.
  I-45....have a safe day with the rolloff's today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..hope you got some of your list checked off yesterday before the heat moved in...hope you get a break with that heat wave soon. 
  Tom...did your daughter get her power back on yet?
  Jeff...thank you and congrats on the build progress! Hope yesterday's stone work went smoothly. Pretty amazing what a 1/4" off can do...that's awesome your wife is getting some hands on experience and helping you out!   :thumbsup:
  Marv....thank you and hope your day went well yesterday! Stay hydrated today with that heat wave and humidity...have a safe day in the jungle Sir!    :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope those bomber walleyes have been biting!!   :thumbsup:

Concrete was cancelled for today and rescheduled for tomorrow...smart call considering the weather. Back on marble this morning. Was trying to stay up and watch the Home Run Derby contest last night but the eyelids closed before I got to see the 2nd round....understand Aaron Judge of the Yankee's  ;D. took the trophy! Understand he had a few shots that were over 500'....not bad for a rookie!! 
  Cawfee's on...time to get moving!

See Bud and Marv posted before I got my pecking done....Good Morning Fella's! Good luck with greenhorn Marv!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9318 on: Jul 11, 2017, 03:56 AM »
Morning Gang.  Been a little damp here, but looks like the weather is improving.  Fishing has been slow for walleyes, but my son caught a nice 19" smallie on a Senko from the dock last night.  They're going to start dredging our lake soon to remove silt which may really put the kibosh on the fishing for the rest of the summer?

I hope everyone has a great day and best of luck to those heading out on the water!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9319 on: Jul 11, 2017, 04:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 66* and it rained over night, cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms later today, I don't think
                  I'm working on the shed today! >:(
                             Eddie........Good call canceling the pour today, it will be there tomorrow! :blink:
                             WS.........Good luck a the college today, there should be plenty of eye candy around! :thumbsup:
                             Bud........How hot is it when you got up to check the rain? You could start doing stuff earlier if it is
                  cool enough! :flex:
                             Today is my wife's and mine 2nd anniversary, I offered to take her out to dinner but she said we didn't
                  have to but you know what that means! We're going out! :roflmao:
                             I hope everyone has a great Tuesday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9320 on: Jul 11, 2017, 04:52 AM »
Congratulations to you both IW :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9321 on: Jul 11, 2017, 06:48 AM »
Good Morning everyone. Cloudy but now they are saying NO rain today. We will see.
Got out on the lake yesterday. Six walleyes 16 to 18 inches and one 13" perch. Wind came up about noon and the bite shut down. Even the fish I was marking vanished. At dinner last night didn't feel good. Too much sun and not enough water during the day. Felt better after drinking some more water and laying down for awhile.
Wife's sister and her daughter are here for a couple days. When I came in the house the wife greeted me with a "there's a mouse in the house". Set a trap last night and got one so will set another tonight just to make sure. I just wish a 8/10 lb walleyes were that easy.
Trip to NYC was changed from Thurs to Wed so I know what I will be doing.....Be Safe and drink lots of water....h2l
Northville, NY

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9322 on: Jul 11, 2017, 07:22 AM »
The daughter got her power back on Saturday after noon. Luckily her cousin lives not too far away and had power. He had room in his freezer for her frozen stuff. There were still some with out power Monday.

IW Congratulations. You have to listen closely when she says " You do not have to!" The tone of her voice tells it all. ;D

Since the wife had her lap band done on her stomach we do not go out to dinner very much. She has a card saying she had that done and they should let her order off of the kids menu. An oriental restaurant would not let her so she had at least two meals of left overs.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9323 on: Jul 11, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Congratulations Jeff. ..wishing you and your wife many more....have a great evening. ... :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9324 on: Jul 11, 2017, 02:41 PM »
late again congrats on the IW anniversary and H2L catch

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9325 on: Jul 11, 2017, 06:39 PM »
So much for the day off, co-worker called out sick, so went in and covered the morning until manager was due in.  Should get some rain activity late this evening and cool things down some.
Bud

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9326 on: Jul 11, 2017, 07:23 PM »
Boy are the weather guessers ever coving their back sides tonight. I guess they do not want to have another fiasco like that storm that came  out of no where last week. Every one's power is back on. They are predicting three different storms coming tomorrow and tomorrow night. Not even guessing where they are going to hit.

I finally got all the brush loaded to take to my property on Friday. I trimmed all the stuff off of my garage the came from the neighbors trees. If he realizes that I will probably here about it. Tough luck as I have that right. I already loaded the stuff from the other neighbors maple that was 20 foot over the line shading out some pine trees I have planted as a screen.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9327 on: Jul 11, 2017, 08:24 PM »
Tom, are we going to be seeing you on "People's Court"...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9328 on: Jul 12, 2017, 01:49 AM »
Good Morning everyone, Happy Hump day,  hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.  :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9329 on: Jul 12, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!!
  68* and sticky humid this am, high of 81 expected with some thunderstorms possible this afternoon.
  I-45...have a safe day and stay hydrated today Sir!
  H2...safe travels to the city today, nice job on the Walters!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope the storms aren't too severe...both weather and neighbors!  ;D
  Marv...have a safe day in the jungle today Sir, how did the greenhorn work out yesterday?  :thumbsup:
  Jeff..hope you had a wonderful evening and good luck with your build today!  :thumbsup:

Early start this morning, 60yds. of that black concrete coming again at 6. We had a great day yesterday on the marble and set over 50 pieces...new record high for our crew. Believe there's only about 200 pieces or so left out of the 1,000 they ordered for this years work.
  Time to get ready....cawfee's on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.