Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1642329 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9270 on: Jul 05, 2017, 03:46 PM »
WooHoo,  :thumbsup: trolling white cranks was the ticket.  ;D Crawlers on jig, and on slow death hooks/bottom bouncers didn't score.

Jeff, I think the liquidator thinks mid/end of August.  My store didn't make the list of going forward.  Liquidator is selling fixtures, So that is pretty much the hand writing on the wall.  No prospects in sight, will have to check if there might be any unemployment available after it closes.  :unsure:
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9271 on: Jul 05, 2017, 07:11 PM »
Most of the local BassMasters live on my lake(I was a member many moons ago and still have a club jacket).  They completely wiped out the pike population and we had some real dandys.  Dad and I (when I was about 13) caught both a 42" and 36" though the ice one morning.  When the pike were finally eradicated, the lake fish club started stocking walleyes, so I guess I can't complain.  We have to stock them every year, since there's no natural reproduction in our lake being a mud bottom reservoir.  The only fish I've ever had mounted was a 30" 11 lb. walleye caught through the ice in 1994.  The next year another ice fisher pulled one out that was over 12 lbs.  I don't fish for bass either, but I'd take walleyes over pike any day.

About all they want in our lake is bass. They did plant around 400 specks (crappie) last fall. The big shot of the fish committee was shaking his head NO  before I even brought up planting some more walleyes a couple of years ago. They have been planted them in years past. I am going to take him to task if he starts shaking his head because I am going to bring up planting perch like they used to, not planting walleye. I will embarrass the arrogant sucker. We have actually had some reproduction, by the size of the ones I caught a couple years ago.

I fish ultra light reels on fly rods for perch. One time I must have gotten ahold of a huge pike. I could not turn it. All of a sudden I got hit in the face by a torn up 10 inch bass that the pike had a hold of. At least you can eat a pike not so with bass.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9272 on: Jul 05, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Tom, bass are editable, just a different taste  ;D 
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9273 on: Jul 05, 2017, 08:02 PM »
I guess you can eat anything.

Bass are not to my liking. The last time I took a bite of a bass one bite was enough. I was at my brothers whose wife says perch are to strong. Luckily his son shared the brown trout he caught when were fishing together the day before or I would have been a vegan that night.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9274 on: Jul 06, 2017, 01:55 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like it's going to be another hot one. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9275 on: Jul 06, 2017, 03:31 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 62* this am, high of 80 here today with a slight chance of rain possible late afternoon.
  I-45...have a safe day Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...good luck today if you get out fishing! Hope you get a chance to voice your opinion at the next meeting and your Dr.'s appointment went well yesterday!    :thumbsup:
  Bud...congrats on the fishing, any size to the walleyes yesterday?   :thumbsup:
  Marv...sorry to hear about the gremlin attack, have been dealing with them occasionally myself. Have a safe day if you're doing that side job today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...any fishing plans for you and Mr.WW?
  Jeff...how is your brother making out with his PT down in Florida...hope all is going well.   :thumbsup:

Yesterday's pour went well, no major problems and the concrete was very consistent in color...charcoal black. By the days end, my hands resembled more of an auto mechanics than a masons in color...lol. We'll be stripping forms, saw cutting joints, and setting up for another large pour today. Have been taking some pictures of our progress, will have to get my butt in gear and learn how to post them.
  Time to get moving....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9276 on: Jul 06, 2017, 04:03 AM »
Good Morning Eddie!! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Hot (90) and humid for one more day, yesterday it was almost hard to breath the air was so heavy. I am going to do a side job today, another nice one in that there is no clean up. I want to be there fairly early to beat the heat and storms that are moving in. The guy lives outside of town so I should be able to start before 7am.

Glad the pour went well Eddie :thumbsup: Best of luck with to days project Sir!

Hope all is going well  with everyone. Looks like some went fishing, others may be going, all good stuff :clap:

Best of luck and and stay safe no matter what's on the days planner! I will have to swing in later to see what everyone has going.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9277 on: Jul 06, 2017, 04:30 AM »

Good morning I-45, Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                        What a beautiful day yesterday was, not too hot and no humidity, today should be a copy of that. :thumbsup:
                        Eddie........I'm glad the pour went well, what keeps people from defacing the concrete after you all leave?
             My brother makes progress every day at PT, he walks without anything but a person next to him, but uses a walker
             when on his own, his balance is not where it should be. It will be quite a while before he can walk on his own!  :flex:
                        Marv.......Good luck on your side job, you should have the guy that does the clean up on every job you do
             unless you want the wood! I have a tree to take down today myself! :flex:
                        I am going to start the work on my wood shed today, first I have a tree to take down then I plan on digging
             the two front post holes, if it is too rocky I will have to wait and get my neighbors backhoe to dig with. I plan to take
             my time with the build, a little at a time!
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out wetting a line or two!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9278 on: Jul 06, 2017, 06:29 AM »
Good Morning. Very light rain right now but it isn't going to last long. My daughter and I got out on the lake yesterday. Lake is very high, water temp was 74 degrees. We got 7 walleyes but nothing big enough for her to take home. I caught a rock bass that spit up a small (2") mud puppy. Could be why the walleyes were so tight to bottom again. Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9279 on: Jul 06, 2017, 08:00 AM »
WS I just checked radar out your way. It looked like there was small red cell about where you live. It must have been a wet night there by the looks of what has already passed.

IW It sounds like your brother has a great attitude to over come what he has been handed. Enjoy the low humidity as we are sending some nasty heat and humidity your way.

My Dr's appointment went great as I expected. I am such a borderline diabetic that he would like to just turn me over to my regular doctor who treat a number of diabetic. I have so much respect for him as I feel that he saved my life when I almost died back in 2010 when my pancreas quit working. He agreed to keep seeing me the two times I have appointments with him a year.

Going fishing is getting put on hold. The heat and humidity that is forecast is not conductive to enjoying time on the lake.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9280 on: Jul 06, 2017, 09:08 AM »
Good Morning All, Jeff, progress is always good news for your brother

Marv ditto on the early start and beat the heat.

Eddie same thing on pouring concrete, the walleye sizes were just under legal, and three that went into the box  ;D So it will be walleye on the grill for supper  :thumbsup:

h2l, thats fishing for you, better luck finding the bigger ones next time out.

Not going to spend much time outside today as its forecast to be close to 100.  Found I had a malfunction with my big motor yesterday, that I couldn't get high throttle ?  found the linkage rod had popped off.  Waited until after supper to fix that.

Might take a run to the store and see if there has been any changes, in pricing  :unsure:

Good day to all.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9281 on: Jul 06, 2017, 05:19 PM »
Evening all,

Decided yesterday morning if I'm going to be feeling ill, I'd rather feel ill while fishing  :woot: so we headed to camp for a couple nites   ;)  had to run back home tonite for a wake, but will be going back up after. Yesterday we landed 13 eyes, 5 legal & 8 shorts  :)  today 5 legal & 1 short  :thumbsup:
just can't seem to get that 6th one no matter how hard we try :blink:  maybe we'll break the curse tomorrow  @) all the fish have been suspended 10 -
 15' over 40 - 42 fow on worm harnesses. They are the healthiest fish I've seen in quite some time too  :thumbsup: :clap: If this is what a gobie invasion does, then I say bring it on  :flex: :laugh:

Hope you've all had a good couple of days despite the heat & humidity in some areas and stormy weather in others. Please keep both where ever they are for awhile, this area can't handle much more after Saturday's floods  :'( :'( 

Have a good evening & great end of the week tomorrow  :)  Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9282 on: Jul 06, 2017, 07:46 PM »
WW, Way to tough it out. nice report,

Looking at 24 hours, next 3 days, then two days off.  Think the bimi top will go back on the boat for some shade, as it will most likely be bluebird sky's and hot.

will have to go on rat watch tonight, think one of the feeders was raided last night.

Time for some iced coffee  ;D  with bailey's of course.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9283 on: Jul 07, 2017, 03:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 62* on the Hill this am, high of 78 expected today.
  Wally...hope you're feeling better...great job on the catching!!  :thumbsup:  Hope today's trip will be the one that breaks the curse...good luck to you Mr.WW!
  Bud...happy hunting again! Never was fond of ice coffee...although Baileys was never in it...hmmm?  ;D. Some serious hot weather out there, hope you get some cooler days soon. 
  Tom..glad all went well with your exam and you'll continue seeing the Dr....excellent!   :thumbsup:
  H2...sounds like a fun trip you had with your daughter, congrats on the catches! Any trout being taken there?
  Jeff...the area we've been working on is right near the Corning Tower where all the art work that looks like Lincoln logs is/was. We've got bicycle rack type barricades up completely blocking off the area, so far so good as nothing has been defaced yet. Good luck with your build, looking forward to the progress reports..also great news on your brothers progress, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope you beat the heat yesterday with your side job and all went well. Any fishing plans today?

Understand my marble crew will be back at it today as we finished getting all the forms ready yesterday for our next pour scheduled for Tuesday. The farmers market is today and some live entertainment at noon, looking forward to that.
  Well, time to get ready again. All these good fishing reports are giving me the itch...hope to get out this weekend.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9284 on: Jul 07, 2017, 03:55 AM »
Good Morning everyone, TGIF. Diesel is running coffee is on. Looks like it's going to be a rainy Friday. Hope everyone has a great day and is staying hydrated. Tight lines to those on the water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9285 on: Jul 07, 2017, 04:55 AM »
Good Morning 45, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

"Les Humid" is back in town :clap: :clap: Yesterday was a hot (92) humid ugly one. Today is supposed to be 10 degrees with Mr Muggy taking a vacation for a few days.

Yesterdays job went ok although I had to come beck down to wait out a couple of heavy downpours. It always makes it harder when you have to climb trees when they are wet and slippery. When I got home I had two calls from people wanting bids.

Today I am taking the girls out in the old boat and we are going to try the musky game again. We are just heading to our local lake so I don't expect too much. They had a tournament out there  a week ago and 20 teams only caught 2 ???

Have a good wrap to the week Eddie :thumbsup: Will you get a chance to throw the boat in over the weekend? take care Sir!

Good luck with the wood shed IW,  Sounds like a fun project  ;)2

Good going with the eyes WW :thumbsup: Hope the fishing fix was what the Dr. ordered and you are over the"Bug".

Time to get the gear loaded. The girls hate being late ;D

Best of luck to all fishing :thumbsup: Stay safe no matter what's on the agenda!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9286 on: Jul 07, 2017, 05:34 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 62* here on my hill and cloudy skies are here! >:(
                           WW.......Great job on the fish, I hope today is a good one as well! :flex:
                           Eddie.......Good luck with the marble today, enjoy the farmers market! :thumbsup:
                           Marv........I hope the girls land a nice Muskie today! :clap:
                           Bud.........I bet the cover drops the temperature 15*. ;D Good luck fishing!
                           Yesterday morning about an hour after I posted here, it rained for about 45 minutes so when I went
                  out to drop the tree the humidity started to rise. I got the tree down and cleaned up and I was laying out
                  the walkway and where my post were going to be and it started to rain again. After that rain the humidity
                  was too much for me, so my post hole weren't dug, today I will start on them! :flex:
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9287 on: Jul 07, 2017, 08:16 AM »
WS I will take that 10 any time you want to send it this way. LOL

There is plenty of work in west Michigan after last night and you would not have to climb. 99 mph straight line wind at the light house in Grand Haven and 88 at Grand Valley State University in land a ways. Poor city slickers have no idea how to cope with this kind of destruction.

It is going to be too hot to even think about fishing today. That brings it into the weekend and all of the idiots on the lake.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9288 on: Jul 07, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Big surprise today trucks rolled in with thing we have been completely out of....Fly Rods, Fly Reels, Flies, Fly line, Kayak's. Trout nets,  More fishing lines, and boxes or I should say cases of reels.  :o ::) More trucks tomorrow is what I am told.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9289 on: Jul 08, 2017, 04:17 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!  :bow:

Just a quick Hello before heading north for a day of bass fishing. Yesterday found us catching a few small pike and a few bass. I caught one bass that was close to 3.5 pounds. the rest a lot smaller. The muskies were scarce to say the least. The wife had one follow but for the day that was it. We talked to a buddy that has been logging some time on the lake and he said the muskies have been terrible. He said he had over 200 hours logged this year and only 2 to show for it ???

Today we are heading up by the shack for a day in the kayaks. There is a small lake next to the shack that has a nice lily pad bed that is fun to pitch a rubber frog into. Time will tell if our cold front will put them off their game or not. I think bassin in the pads is about as good as it gets when the buggers cooperate.

Best of luck to all fishing :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9290 on: Jul 08, 2017, 04:29 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                       Marv........Aren't Muskies the fish of 10,000 casts? I hope you have a good time at "The Shack"! :clap:
                       Bud........Where is all this stuff coming from? I guess it's good news for your store! ::)
                       Tom........Those were some hefty winds you wrote about, I know what you mean the  city slickers
               are lost when it comes to being out of power!
                       Not too much to report, I got two post in yesterday, I had some distractions and the digging was tough
               and I bought 12 foot 6x6's a little difficult getting them in the holes by myself! I hope to get the other two in today! :flex:
                      I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9291 on: Jul 08, 2017, 05:02 AM »
 Good Morning Marv, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  64* this am, humid, high of 77 expected with a thunderstorm possible.
  Marv...best of luck to you and the ladies today! Hope the Bass are eager to inhale the frogs, always a thrill watching them explode on top water lures!! Keep us posted if you can...  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...you must have had your hands full with the 6X6's, yikes! How deep did you get the holes? Hope the digging wasn't too bad, but imagine you found your share of rocks. Good luck with today's work Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...I'm sure that new shipment of fly rods/reels will be well appreciated by some of the customers who missed out on the earlier sales! How's your vermin hunting going?
  Tom..wow, some crazy winds out there!! Must have been thousands without power..was it a tornadoe?
  Wally...hope you and Mr.WW got into the fish yesterday, best of luck again today if you're water bound!   :thumbsup:

We had a nice rain come through last evening, enough to water the garden and everything else. Had a side job lined up for today but the homeowner called early last evening and had to cancel...so, heading to a local for a few casts this am, perhaps a night trip this evening if the Mrs. doesn't have any plans set.
  Cawfee's on...

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9292 on: Jul 08, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Rat exited the feeder before I could get close and put the blinding light on it.  ::)  Change of plans, will put a trap inside the feeder.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9293 on: Jul 08, 2017, 06:54 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....more supplies = more hours = more $$$ in your pocket  ;)  not a terrible equation  :woot:

WS....good luck with the frog tossing today  ;D

Eddie...side job getting cancelled must have been an omen that you should be fishing today   :roflmao:  good luck

MrC....hope the rest of your vacation was relaxing   @)   when are you moving  ???

IW....great to hear how good your brother is doing with pt   :flex:  getting the ok to drive had to be quite the accomplishment for him  :thumbsup: :clap:  slow & steady on those posts, no need for a tweaked back sir  ;)2

Managed to break the 5 fish curse yesterday  :clap:  :flex:  got our 6 fish limit plus 2 along with 7 shorties  :thumbsup:  kept our 6 and gave them to our camp neighbor that keeps on eye on things when we aren't around. Needless to say he was pretty happy  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9294 on: Jul 08, 2017, 07:58 AM »
The damage in the area that got the high winds is terrible. The daughter is with out power and does not know when it will be back on. She pays higher house insurance because she is in a high wind area. One of the local TV stations was on her block and interviewed her neighbor. After getting past the daughters the winds died considerably. Just plain straight line winds.

IFF Google weasel box trap. I use one of these to catch the pesky chipmunks here. I build it big enough to just use a standard #1 Victor muskrat trap instead of the Victor rat trap. You might have to adjust the size of the entrance hole.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9295 on: Jul 08, 2017, 10:41 AM »
  Wally, congratulations to you and Mr.WW on breaking the curse....mighty fine catch!!  Must have made the neighbor's day getting the bounty...awesome!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...must say, liking the " blinding light " description of your hunt....fine choice of words Sir!!  :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup:
  Tom...best wishes to your daughter on any damages she may have had, hope power is restored soon!

Think I made a half dozen casts at the lake and skies opened up this am....so much for a possible shower at 11...glad I wasnt out inbthe boat.  Off and on showers have been blowing through since...two daughters just left for an all day outdoor concert known as Country Fest...hope they brought the umbrella's!!   :whistle:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9296 on: Jul 08, 2017, 10:50 AM »
TT.....ditto Eddie's comments on your daughter & the storm

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9297 on: Jul 08, 2017, 01:29 PM »
Good afternoon ER's doing the garage sale thing today. Sales are slow but I did sell a tent that's going to Africa. Pretty neat thing. The otter is still here maybe maybe not time will tell. Concert in the rain are awesome went to the Grand Slam Jam in Milwaukee as a kid. Have a good day all. Sold enough to most likely take less than 200 for the otter.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9298 on: Jul 08, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Good afternoon everyone made home safely from Ocean City,NJ. was back in my area by 12:15 PM around a 4 hour trip. We like to leave early before the Garden State Parkway turns into a parking lot in places . The traffic heading South was already backing up in places by 10 AM . My vacation started on Saturday July 1ST I had things to do locally that day and on Sunday morning so did not leave for Ocean City until late afternoon on Sunday. Spent Monday with family ,Tuesday through Friday tried to spend 4-5 hours fishing each day fishing was slow I only saw 3 Fluke(Summer Flounder) and 1 Skate (looks like a sting ray) caught by other anglers . I got soaked on Thursday fishing in light rain before calling it a day ,a quick moving storm cell came through on Friday afternoon and soaked me again I waited out the storm in my SUV and returned to fishing after it passed by the area. I ended the trip with a big "Skunk" for the week. I played fishing boat mate measuring and helping unhooked the 3 Fluke and Skate. Amazes me how many folks fish without some type of tape measure and hook removal device among their fishing gear. My feeling is I'm due for a good day fishing after helping others and donating my left over bait to other anglers. I did meet a talk with a gentleman from Ice Wanderer's part of NY. he lives in the Gloversville area believe he said Perkins Lake . When I told that I lived In New Windsor he said I know that area my daughter used to live in Cornwall which is a neighboring town. Over all it was a good vacation got see my BIL's younger brother and get updated on his family. (He resides in Alexandria,VA. ) eat at some restaurant my family has visited before while vacationing in Ocean City and try some new ones.
 If any of you are ever in the Somers Point,NJ. area pay a visit to the Grilled Cheese and Crab Cake Company. I first heard of this place while watching an episode of Food Network show Diners Drive-IN and Dives the show's host visited this establishment. They feature different types of grilled sandwiches with various cheeses and meats. I will go back next time I'm in the area.
Eddie glad the colored concrete pour was problem free, enjoy the fishing today.
Whopper Stopper may the girls and you have a good time at the "Shack". May the Bass fishing turn out better then the Muskie trip.
IFF sorry to hear your store will close, sounds like they are cleaning out the warehouses with expected shipments of fishing gear.
MR.Turkey may your daughter get her electric service restored sounds like one heck of a storm went through her area with those wind speeds. Glad your doctor's visit was a good one.
Ice Wanderer a belated welcome home to NY. good to read your brother continues to improve with PT therapy. Remember you have sons to help with the wood shed build.
Hunts2long congratulations to your daughter and you happy to hear some folks are catching fish.
Icefisher-4 hope you had a good Fourth Of July holiday and your shoulder continues to give you no problems.
Wallyworld ditto my words to Hunts2long on the fishing. Hope you feel better soon enjoy your time at "Camp"

Have a pleasant evening folks.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9299 on: Jul 08, 2017, 07:46 PM »
Displays are pretty much a mess, what with people taking things off and not even trying to put it back where they got it, and just drop it.  We had started to condense displays, and now have a lot of what had been sold out weeks ago, turning up in the bottoms of boxes.  Not a great quantity of any items, be a little of everything, that needs to be spread out.  Was hanging up some reels, and got ask where the flies were, I ask what kind they were looking for ?  One item mentioned was san juan worm pattern.  I pointed to where I had put some out earlier and he took all of them  ::)  Had a little stiff wind and a thunder cloud roll through the home digs  But nothing like what Tom was referring too.

I did secure the last Diamond INFINITE EDGE PRO bow  ;D Hope I get to use it on an elk when it comes time.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.