Author Topic: Last trip of the Season  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
Last trip of the Season
« on: Feb 23, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Well, Friday is it for me.  Took the day off to fish with my son.  Really looking forward to it.  Shack comes off on Saturday.  What a great season!!!

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Last trip of the Season
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2009, 03:26 PM »
With all this ice!!!???? Why would you stop now- the best fishing is yet to come through march (imho)
Got my champlain trip first weekend in March- can't wait to get a shot at some big pike

CJ

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Thanks Chief I enjoyed My day with you boys. I'll catch you guy next year Hope all went well in Vegas  Art

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Chief, will you be dragging Ben down to Concord Saturday after the shack comes off?
No, I wont be ale to make it.  I will help you all as much as I can but its just too far to drive on Sat.  Ben talked about going but am not sure.

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2009, 03:42 PM »
With all this ice!!!???? Why would you stop now- the best fishing is yet to come through march (imho)
Got my champlain trip first weekend in March- can't wait to get a shot at some big pike

CJ
Too many things to do around the house before I open up my camp in May.  I need to use March to get two rooms renovated and I also need to begin getting the boat ready for open water.  I have fished every Saturday since Jan 3rd. 

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2009, 03:43 PM »
Thanks Chief I enjoyed My day with you boys. I'll catch you guy next year Hope all went well in Vegas  Art
Thanks Art....by the way I got the smoke issue fixed!!!

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2009, 05:14 PM »
What was the solution

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2009, 04:07 PM »
What was the solution
Rain cap was the wrong type and wasnt allowing a good enough draft to go up and out so a strong wind would overcome the draft and force air down the pipe into the shack.  Changed the cap and had a very windy day, even worse than what we had and no problem at all.  So it looke like I am staying with wood!!!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Well, Friday is it for me.  Took the day off to fish with my son.  Really looking forward to it.  Shack comes off on Saturday.  What a great season!!!

Good Luck out there tomorrow Chief,  Hope ya get a few good ones on your last outing ;)

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Well only 5 flags and two fish today, very slow day.  Oh well,.....watched an eagle fly around and pick up some dead bait off the ice and it was just beautiful out today, at least in the morning.  Good luck to the rest of you for the remainder of the season.  Thanks for all your tips and help this season.  Really enjoyed actually meeting some of you at the "little Alaska" outing.  I will still be checking the site throughout the rest of the season.

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2009, 08:12 AM »
I too share the Chief's thoughts on the season. I only fished once all year and that was the LAO!!! It was fantastic meeting those of you that I did. I have not signed in much since then, but I have been reading frequently. I am sorry to see so much bickering going on between some of you. Fishing and hunting are great sports and there is not much room OR forgiveness for anger OR threats. When one man says he caught a fish of a particular species and you disagree, so be it. No need to call the guy names. Then a member offers for sale an item that is obviously not his to sell (legally) none of you speak up. I don't understand it. Well, maybe I do!!!!  And when someone is blatantly smarter than you, don't start a barrage of name calling because you think you know something that he doesn't. Send him a private message and discuss it off line. The rest of us are here to have a good time, not argue!!!!

Chief, you are a great person. I wish we could have worked together. The Navy would never have been a safe place!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2009, 12:12 PM »
think i took a good year off my life being out in those fishing conditions  :laugh: nice meeting you out there chief maybe we will meet up again next season, ill have to give that umbagog a try sometime  ;)

Catch A Buzz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.