Author Topic: HELP: Good places to Ice Fish around North Conway, NH?  (Read 5457 times)

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Going up for the weekend next weekend to my parents house on the Saco River to do some fishing. Anyone know the good lakes/ponds to ice fish up around that area? Any good spots would be appreciated, I have no idea whats good out there.

Tony

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: HELP: Good places to Ice Fish around North Conway, NH?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2009, 04:56 PM »
dollof pond is small but is loaded with pickeral.....if you have kids it will keep them busy.....conway can be good, but only two traps.....the southern portion of lake is very active and holds monster piks and bass....there is an access road at that end....becareful where you go on if you do......do not go on at the obvious (a small canoe access) there is running water there and you will surely go through....take it from me......pea porridge is slow, but has trout and smallies....pequawket pond is also another place to fish for largies and pickeral.....also if you are interested in getting a one day maine license you could always try moose pond in fryburg......big largies in there as well.......down 16 you could try lake chocura or silver lake in madison...that's all i have......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Just Osmo As Jibbs said Conway Lake is a sleeper Lots of good jigging for good sized perch. Also down the road in Eaton is Crystal lake it's a great brown trout fishery with lots of access or look up loon lake in Freedom ART

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:39 PM »
I could do the maine thing. I really would like to catch some nice sized largies the most. Smallies are good to, and pike and trout. If you could fish at only one of the location around North Conway (within like 1 hour or something) and didnt want to have a bad day fishing which would you recommend?

I also would like to avoid the 2 trap limit spots if I can. 2 tilts just has to much of a chance to catch nothing lol.

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:43 PM »
I would go to loon lake in Freedom fish the north end up by the cemetery

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:06 PM »
I would go to loon lake in Freedom fish the north end up by the cemetery

What bites there?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:19 PM »
i don't know much about moose pond, because i never fished it.......however, i heard and seen pictures of some big largies...just a thought......you could scout it out.....its about 30 minutes out of conway
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Stocked Bows but some nice bass as well

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Leaving for this trip tomorrow morning. Anyone have any last minute suggestions of a place to go fishing? I want a place im going to get some bites. Hate to waste a full day.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2009, 06:41 PM »
Leaving for this trip tomorrow morning. Anyone have any last minute suggestions of a place to go fishing? I want a place im going to get some bites. Hate to waste a full day.

Follow the advice you were by given by Art53, and you wont waste a thing.
james

Offline JustOsmo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Follow the advice you were by given by Art53, and you wont waste a thing.
james

SO you agree Loon Lake will be a nice day? Thats where I was going to go unless anyone else had something so say.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2009, 06:53 PM »
You have mail

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Just Osmo how'd your weekend Go

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.