Author Topic: krappie_king's ice shananigans 05-06  (Read 2441 times)

Offline krappie_king

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie anyone?
krappie_king's ice shananigans 05-06
« on: Mar 05, 2006, 09:57 AM »
Okay, its about time I start showing that there is a whole lot more to me than just talk.

These two beautiful fish, are actually my first keeper crappies. These were caught the day before Christmas Eve, at The Pond in Fair Haven. I actually caught another one (11") later that day on a tip up, and JOASMON caught 2 as well. one was 9" and the other was cutting it close to 9" but we decide to put him back for another day. And the next day wasnt as successful. I caught another 9" crappie and a 9" perch.

How is this for a big fish? I actually never got a measurement on him, but he was big. I couldnt get him out of the hole i was jiign through. JOASMON had to drill another hole, and reach the gaft through to pull him out. We arent exactly sure how big he was, but we agreed on 4 1/2 to 5 lbs. Deffinately my biggest bass. This was New years eve, At my favorite spot, The Pond in Fair Haven.

A small Northern on a tip up. Same day as the big bass, at..........you guessed it Fair Haven Pond. Actually that was my most successful day on the pond. 3 bass from the range of like 2 1/2lbs. up to 4 1/2-5lbs, then this northern, and some decent sized perch.

In our attempt to find good ice during our warm spell, we came upon Tully lake. This is one of two Chains I caught that day. My dad's(JOASMON) fishing buddy also caught a 1lbs. bass, and a decent sized bullhead.

What do we have here? Thats right! Crappie!!!!!!!!!

Rack 2 more up for the Krappie king. These are some of my more recent fish. The first one I caught within half an hour. The other one I caught about two hours later.This was during my February break, at Otisco lake.We actually spent most of the week there. JOASMON caught about 7 small tiger muskies, and a small bass. All in all not a bad week. We kept about 2 dozen of our bigger gils, and my 2 crappies.

More to come later this week!!!!      -John( aka krappie king) :tipup:
Hello, you have reached John. I am currently fishing. Leave me a message and I will get back to you as soon as Ice fishing becomes an olympic sport.

Offline JOASMON

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slobs anyone?
Re: krappie_king's ice shananigans 05-06
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Why not give out grid coordinates!
JACK OF ALL SPECIES, MASTER OF NONE!

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:08 AM »
nice fish.
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Nice bunch of pictures :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline krappie_king

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie anyone?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Heres some more fishy pics for y'all!!!

Here we have a days worth of crappies! The two that I am holding, and the one in my dad's left hand are mine. He holds the only one he kept in his right. He had another one, but he was cutting it close so he threw him back.

Another big bass from the pond. I cant believe it, i cant catch bass this big when they are in season.

I found this pic to be quite amusing. Its a perch that I caught on a perch colored jiign rap.The fish was only like twice the size of the lure. Crazy fish!!!

Thats #10 for the krappie kid. This was one of our new spots. The crapps so small, it looks like a gil.

Its like watching tv............underwat er tv!! ;D

This is my dad's fishing buddy with a Tully Lake bass. Tully's actually a new lake to me, and I actually like. I mean I havent seen any big fish come out of there, but its a small lake, and there usually isnt many people on it.

Hopefully this wont be the end of the season, maybe Ill be able to post more pics on here. Ill just cross my fingers. I dont wanna start a MYFISHFINDER account yet.

-John( aka krappie king)
Hello, you have reached John. I am currently fishing. Leave me a message and I will get back to you as soon as Ice fishing becomes an olympic sport.

Offline krappie_king

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie anyone?
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Good pics and good descriptions.  I've fished in Fair Haven a bit myself, more in the fall for browns when I lived in Oswego.

yeah ive heard a lot about people catching Bows and salmon in there. I love that pond too, I can almost always guarantee catching fish there, and there is a good veriety.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2006, 09:13 PM »
Once again nice pictures  exp the Crappies :)

Thats gotta be the smallest crappie ever caught
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline krappie_king

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie anyone?
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Once again nice pictures  exp the Crappies :)

Thats gotta be the smallest crappie ever caught

Yea it was small, but i dont care, it was a crappie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JOASMON

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slobs anyone?
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2006, 04:01 PM »
yeah ive heard a lot about people catching Bows and salmon in there. I love that pond too, I can almost always guarantee catching fish there, and there is a good veriety.
Yes, Don't forget the bullheads! soon  :)
JACK OF ALL SPECIES, MASTER OF NONE!

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2006, 06:01 PM »
nice fish
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.