Author Topic: Never too Cold  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Fishassin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Team Hustle
Never too Cold
« on: Feb 26, 2008, 03:03 AM »
      It doesn't get extremely cold here in WI but it gets pretty chilly about 30-40* below with wind chill. After a brutal cold snap it finally was suppose to hit 0* out.  My cousin and I decide to hit up the lake by dawn: it was about ten below zero and no wind, looking good until I try to open the tailgate on my blazer.  It is froze solid, out comes the pry bar and then the rubber mallet, not my first rodeo when it comes to this.
      I'm working at it about 20 mins when I get a call from my cousin at the rendezvous.  I reached a turning point, stay and tinker with it and miss the A.M. bite or   >:D Whoops 8) let the hammer land a little to high on the tailgate.  Instantly the bottom half shatters and I weasel in there and unhook the tail gate as the rest of the window falls on me and in my shack.

Ten minutes later I'm loaded up in a Durango and on my way to the lake.  I pull up to the spot about 15 minutes late and get all set up.  All I have to say is a bad day turned good really quick, the flasher was LIT UP.  We sat there for 5 hours keeping only bull gills to get our 10 each bag limit.

When I got back to town I weighed my ten fish at 3.28lbs If my cousins weighed the same that's just over 6.5lbs of blue gill.  I located a new window had it next day for $100 bucks flat.  Ends up to be about 15 bucks a lb for the Gills that day. Sometimes you have to go through the car wash twice to make sure you get good and hosed :laugh:
FFLLLAAAGGGG, My buddy yells as he just ran over my Tip up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.