Author Topic: first tipup and jig fish for my boy!!  (Read 3008 times)

Offline jbscowboy99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOOHOO! ICE FISHING 2011!
first tipup and jig fish for my boy!!
« on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:11 PM »
me and my boy went fishing monday at lake luzerne (are local lake) we got there around 8:00. the first thing i did was set the shanty up with my boy and set the heater up.(he was a little chilly) so while he was sitting in the shanty i was drilling holes with my 6in hand auger. after 9 holes with 14in of ice i was pretty tired. so not 2 minutes after i set up all the tipups we get a flag. talk about excited!!! so throughout the day my boy and i were takin turns on fags, and all of a sudden one of his flags go of and at the time we were sitting in the shanty and he says flag! and  then he looks at me and says oh its mine! so we run over and he takes out the tipup and snags the fish! hes pulling on this line with the biggest smile ive ever seen on anyones face and pulls this pickeral through the hole. let me tell you he was happy' since this was the first fish hes ever pulled through the ice on a tipup! i was gloatin man.soooooooo proud ( hes only 13). so about mid day were in the shanty after alot of flags and he jigs up another pickeral! first fish on a jig pole!! i cant help but be happy and proud of my boy for getting his first fish on a tipup and on his jig stick!! so needless to say hes hooked on ice fishing now. tell me that aint cool!
                       good fishin jib  :tipup:
And God said " let there be ice" and all was at peace.

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
Re: first tipup and jig fish for my boy!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2008, 09:19 PM »
That so cool  :thumbsup:
wish you both tight lines!

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Congrats!!!  :clap: :clap:   There is nothing better than knowing you are giving someone a gift that will last a lifetime and be passed on for generations.  My Grandfather was a fisherman, my Dad is a fisherman, I am, and I have a good feeling my kids will be too.

Here is my daughter's first tip up fish.  She is 4 now and this is her 2nd season on the ice.  She loves to go and gets mad if I don't take her.  My son is next. He's 2 this year but I don't think he is ready yet. Next year for sure though.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:33 PM »
WTG guys!!!! Great hearing about and seeing the next generation doing what we love to do  :)
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2008, 06:33 PM »
I love seeing the kids catching fish!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2008, 10:04 AM »
nice job, i take my two girls all the time. i think they are addicted.i love there excitement when they get there catch to the whole, it makes it so so worth it. congrats on taking the kids. ice is nice.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2008, 09:17 PM »
wow some of the best pics i have seen on here all year!!! way to get the kids out

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:17 AM »
Great Job, I started taking my twins out they are 3 and they love it. Nothing beats seeing a kids face the first time they catch a fish  ;D
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.