Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Darkhouse Spearing

how about a photo spread

(1/3) > >>

rob-s:
how about a photo shoot next time you go?
never seen it ,can not do it around here.
 dosnt the spear hit the cealing of the shack when you rear back to throw it ?
 more details please, i will be watching. hope you get more sports participating on this forum

hunters08:
i agree very interested in seeing this. :tipup:

Higgins:

--- Quote from: hunters08 on Jan 23, 2008, 10:34 PM ---i agree very interested in seeing this. :tipup:

--- End quote ---

You don't just throw it. Here's what ya do the Pike will usually slowly come in and when it does you slowly put the spear in the water so it is about 2-3 feet in the water from It and then just slightly chuck it at the fish just behind the gills with very little thrust because the spears already weight allot and are very very sharp. If you throw them than the splash will scare them away before the spear even gets to them.

Whatpole:

--- Quote from: Higgins on Jan 23, 2008, 10:40 PM ---You don't just throw it. Here's what ya do the Pike will usually slowly come in and when it does you slowly put the spear in the water so it is about 2-3 feet in the water from It and then just slightly chuck it at the fish just behind the gills with very little thrust because the spears already weight allot and are very very sharp. If you throw them than the splash will scare them away before the spear even gets to them.

--- End quote ---

There isn't much else to add to your post. What I tell people is, I use a forcefull drop. You don't throw it, I just give it a little head of steam on the way down. The main thing is, ease the spear into the water before you drop it.

There is no bigger rush than this. This art work came from Rezeye.

MrMarty51:
Here`s a pic looking down through the spear hole of Darkhousefishers shanty.Waters a little murky so we crush egg shells and let them sink to enhance the available light and also give some depth perception to the bottom,also seems to attract the perch.If You look closer there`s a minnow attached to a line and can see the minnow but You have to look.Seems like whenever a pike comes in the hole I get too excited to snap a pic and instead grab the spear but i`ll try and get some control on that  ;D going this weekend so maby I`ll have a pic with a pike in it. :) :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:Oh Ya the decoy`s name is Willie{the redheaded stranger} :roflmao: :whistle:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version