Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Scouting is done, now bring on the ice!

(1/6) > >>

Blaine:
God, it's good to be back and talking about ice again!

This is the first year that I will legally have access to a certain cove on the CT River for ice fishing. The land surrounding it is owned by a game club. Finally after years of trying to do it the right way I am a club member. I can now drive right to the edge of the ice and fish any time I want! We get pike over 40" regularly, big perch, cats and as you can see some awesome crappie there. Surface temps on the water this morning were 45*, we're progressing nicely down here in Ct towards first ice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lately I've been spending some time in the boat using my side imaging to find log cribs, sunken boats and brush piles and then marking them in my handheld GPS for future ice trips. We'be been doing a little fishing along the way and have been doing VERY well on my new found structure!

Here are a couple of screen shots from my Humminbird that show the cribs and the crappie surrounding them...

Here is a sample of some of the crappie we've been catching on them...

Some from today.

Last time out a couple of weeks ago.

elcapitanmas:
ohhhhhhhhh man I cant wait.  Hey wheres the picture with the goggles?

E

CTFishes:
Nice ! Congrats on the membership as well.

Blaine:

--- Quote from: elcapitanmas on Nov 11, 2007, 09:16 AM ---ohhhhhhhhh man I cant wait.  Hey wheres the picture with the goggles?

E

--- End quote ---

The gang here has to get to know me a bit better before I make an a$$ out of myself on this board too... ;D

DUCKDIGGLER:
Some sweet lookin Slabs Blaine-iac!

C'mon cold! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version