Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

New Glendo ice fishing derby

(1/4) > >>

waterlike:
A friend sent me this flyer today. First Glendo ice fishing tournament I've ever seen. I'm pretty scared about that date though. Lot of times we're not fishing on the main lake till the second week of January anyways. Sometimes not even. That's going to be pretty thin ice for a ton of people doing dumb things during a derby.

fishslap:
Seems like a dumb idea overall.  Heaviest creel limit means toss a limit of every legal fish of any species in a pile and hope for the best.  Doesn’t matter if only one walleye is getting weighed, many will be kept.

thill:
It says walleye only, so not sure if everyone will be keeping catfish and such unless they are planning on eating them like I do.

fishslap:

--- Quote from: thill on Nov 19, 2023, 08:01 AM ---It says walleye only, so not sure if everyone will be keeping catfish and such unless they are planning on eating them like I do.

--- End quote ---

Where does it say that?  It says only one walleye will be weighed for your entry, not that the creel limit category is only walleye. If they’re only weighing one walleye and they’re doing one category for largest walleye by weight, what are they weighing in the second category of heaviest creek limit?

fishslap:

--- Quote from: waterlike on Nov 19, 2023, 10:12 AM ---Did that photo somehow change..
Cause it does say now only walleye will be weighed. Not only one walleye. I swear it use to say only one walleye.

--- End quote ---

I also thought it originally said only one walleye would be weighed.  Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.  It looks like it is walleye only now and the two categories now make sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version