Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

Forums

(1/3) > >>

IceAddict87:
Anyone else miss the good old days here? Used to be you would come here this time of year and there would be a dozen new replies to multiple threads. Barely get that many replies in the main general chat. Always felt like you were part of something here. I still check this daily!

matzilla:
I miss it too!

Dwedemeier:
Facebook ruined forums like this.

esox_xtm:
I think part of that is the longer you're here the less you feel inclined on jumping in on stuff you know darn well has been hashed through dozens of times. Call it lazy, jaded, apathetic but I know if you looked at certain topics and their corollaries, I know I've given the same answer several dozen times. I know there's plenty of new folks here but why should I type again when a simple search would not only turn up my replies but those opinions and experience of many, many others. Ok, maybe lazy...

Movers and shakers come and go. When I jumped on in 2010 there was a guy, SurfLizard, that was very active. Jumped in on lots of stuff but eventually just disappeared. RGfixit was kind of the same deal except I know he peeks in the door once in a while. RebelSS took a few years off but he's back better than ever. Of course there's still the core group that uses IS as a daily morning coffee with the boys in addition to jumping in on topics that interest them.

The other part, for me, is I've taken a step or back the last couple of years. Spending way, waaaaaay too much time online and getting little else done. Had to temper my time and, as a result, my replies.

Maybe it's only a matter of time before someone gets really, really comfortable dealing with the whole site again and stirs lots of pots. You never know. Still a great site with tons of info. It's rare I don't find frequently find something here that is not only new to an old guy, but fit within my realm of experiences enough to make it believable and potentially usable.

Don't forget fellas, if you're not getting anything out of it, consider what you're putting into it.

lefty2053:
Surflizard is a good guy. Same with Rebelss. Those 2 are truely some of the best of the best for info. Sorry to say they are both gone from this forum and I am only posting occasionally.  Rebelss and I used to carry on with joking with each other but hey some of these people are only here for info and or all about themselves. Some just like to post what someone else has already posted just to piss the other person off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version