Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Lake Diefenbaker 2022-2023

<< < (15/16) > >>

flyboy:

--- Quote from: Hatandboots on Mar 07, 2023, 10:07 AM ---I'm hoping to go out on friday looking for some Burbot. Has anyone been nailing them? I hope the spawn is going on right now.

Anyone know if access by the visitor center is good right now? I'd assume most snow is gone but the ice is ok?
[ /quote]

Been down to Diefenbaker 3 times over the last 2 weeks. We have only caught 2 burbot off Danielson launch and none at Elbow. Both were in the 6 lb range. Perch were there but not too numerous in the camera. The ones we did catch were a nice size. One was a hair under 14 inches. All caught off Danielson. Elbow was extremely disapointing and we will not drive the extra kilometers down there again this winter.   
--- End quote ---

shawno:
Thanks everyone for the reports...much appreciated.  I am hoping to get out one more time myself before the end of the season.  Thinking the 18th.  I will report back as well.  :tipup:

BigJumb:
Made it out to Dief yesterday, Elbow area, on off snow,not much wind
 Set up over 30' and didn't see much action I set up a jacker in 23' and caught a small pike in minutes then some large perch. I moved and fished the rest of the day in this hole caught 11 perch and a burbot to finish the day off. All released. The burbot bite hasn't bin the same as other years. All in all ok day.

whitetip:
Curious has anyone drive from the riverhurst ferry to the fish farm on the lake this time of year. Thinking about doing that drive next weekend.

speckspotter:
Another round of playing "Where's Walter" yesterday. Pike had the tip ups flagging and the burbot were happily munching mushy minnows.
Other than one hit and run that felt a lot like a walleye hitting the dinner bell, no spiny backs made it topside. Maybe next time..........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version