Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Blackstrap 2022-2023

<< < (38/39) > >>

speckspotter:
After a couple weeks of lethargy, the perch seemed to have regained their appetites today. At noon it got crazy. Always a good thing when you have to pull your dead stick because you can't keep up. Hopefully this continues and some kids can enjoy milder weather and a good bite on the weekend.

Hatandboots:
Hows the jack situation? It's supposed to be better in march right? Bigger and more aggressive?

speckspotter:
None of the pike that have swam by me the last while have been very aggressive with my offerings, and I always have a spare rod ready to drop something flashy and enticing in case a pike or walleye shows up. Then again, I would be setting up shallower if I was really targeting pike.

Hatandboots:
Has shallow been pretty reliable on the strap for pike? I've generally heard that, but I've seen so many big ones following the schools around in 20fow. I've never actually bothered to try shallow.

Churchill River:
Was out a few times over the last 4 or 5 days.  One day I was into triple digits, the following day (same holes), only got 1/4 of the fish from the previous day.......so one day catching, the next day fishing.  So don't get to excited Speck :)  Make sure you take the kids their game boy (is there even game boys anymore, or more high tech games now), so they can entertain themselves for those slow days.

I did send a calendar down the hole and circled March just to make sure the fish new it was March madness.

Since I didn't go in the derby, does anyone have a report on how it went?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version