Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Golden Shiners

<< < (2/4) > >>

vaughan:
I don’t know who Dave is but it sounds like you are saying that you can’t but golden shiners at the business in Portland?  Is this true?

BDailey:

--- Quote from: vaughan on Dec 27, 2022, 02:48 PM ---I don’t know who Dave is but it sounds like you are saying that you can’t but golden shiners at the business in Portland?  Is this true?

--- End quote ---

You’re mistaking one business with another. I don’t believe they have any association.

vaughan:
BDailey, thank you for the clarification I was hoping that was the situation.

Papa Sly:
You definatly CAN buy goldens in CT. but not in Mass...I have been buying them from a few different legal bait shops in CT. Dave is a great guy, I called him and he said come up today so I did and his bait was all sized and purged...excellent bait and a great guy. I have been holding them for over 3 weeks with a ink bird, freezer, and a filter/airator with zero loss. Dave has all different sizes!

pmaloney86:

--- Quote from: lowaccord66 on Dec 29, 2022, 09:51 AM ---You can buy them however if they are wild from CT they havent been certified diesease free.  Its a big thing and Ive seen a friend go through the process with his shop.   The state comes and inspects.  You MUST provide documentation from the bait distributor your purchased from.  Either from granby or hogs island.

--- End quote ---

As far as I know Granby doesn't carry goldens.  So what is the bait shop that is being referenced that sells them legally?  I knew they were available just over the line but that shop closed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version